Used tire disposal | GTAMotorcycle.com

Used tire disposal

shanekingsley

Curry - so nice it burns you twice
Site Supporter
Well the place that I take mine showed up on the map!!

GM dealer in town, they take them every time, no issues, just throw them on the rack with their old tires.

Correction, you paid a tire disposal fee at the time you bought the new one and that is why the government now provides the disposal service at no additional charge.

Our local transfer station will take up to 4 a day without any charge, just declare what you have when you scale in so they know when you scale out, otherwise you may get billed.

That reminds me, I have a bunch I need to go get rid of - all seasons that came off my wifes Volt and sons Saturn were pretty much trash when the snows went on, not worth putting back on the rims again next year.

I agree that there are lots of collectors out there that take the tires, I was just surprised when I used that website that there are about 5 places from me that are even within walking distance.

Correction, you paid a tire disposal fee at the time you bought the new one and that is why the government now provides the disposal service at no additional charge.

Except that you have to get it to transfer station. Which is ******** imo, it ought to be curb side. I have friends with only a m/c who change their own tires, big pita to get rid of them

Except that you have to get it to transfer station. Which is ******** imo, it ought to be curb side. I have friends with only a m/c who change their own tires, big pita to get rid of them
Amen, I don't see why the recycling guys can't take it too.

funny to see guys that complain about taxes and regulation
expecting free curbside pickup of worn out tires

Strap them to the seat of said motorcycle and bring them to the transfer station.

funny to see guys that complain about taxes and regulation
expecting free curbside pickup of worn out tires

Hmm, not sure what municipality in Canada doesn't charge up the wazoo for garbage pickup/recycling through bin fees and property taxes. Not to mention the tire disposal fee and the carbon tax (or whatever the guv calls it). Tires are legal products critical to the functioning of the economy. We shouldn't have to jump through hoops (heh) just because we want to do our own maintenance.

So why is it I can put a used tv on the curb but not tires? Same size to me

Good question. People put out mattresses and full on furniture out for heavy garbage pick-up.
Could it have something to do with recycling collection & separation processes, like with electronics or appliances?

So why is it I can put a used tv on the curb but not tires? Same size to me

You aren’t supposed to put TVs and other electronics out for garbage pick up. If you did, it was probably picked up by a privateer and repaired/stripped for usable parts.

Good question. People put out mattresses and full on furniture out for heavy garbage pick-up.
Could it have something to do with recycling collection & separation processes, like with electronics or appliances?

Large furniture can go straight to landfill...the rubber from tires can be recycled. Tires won’t break down like other waste.

Last edited:
The recycling fees are already paid for. It should be done like any other large item.

You guys are spoiled, live rural for a while and you'll find that the transport, cost and labour are all on you.

Back
Top Bottom