Are there better deals now? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Are there better deals now?

itsme

Hi there,

To buy a used bike from Kijiji, is it better to buy now or wait until Apr (to be able to really ride it)? April will be 2018 and bike will be one year older. right?!

It depends on the bike, and if it was just displaced by a newer model (e.g. Ninja 400 > Ninja 300). Most of the time, prices are on the upswing once it's riding weather.

At least, that's how it used to be. This year I haven't noticed much of a difference one way or the other

Most bikes will be stored by now,if not you should get a deal, no test rides in the snow :agave:

I think the best deals never make it to kijiji

I agree, anyone listing it now wants it gone, so you can get a better deal now. (but yes, not as much selection)
Best thing to do, if you have a couple of bikes you're interested in, put your own ad on Kijiji "Wanted : Ninja 300..."
Guys might be storing them in the garage, thinking they can't sell them till spring. It costs you nothing, Kijiji is free.

I agree, anyone listing it now wants it gone, so you can get a better deal now. (but yes, not as much selection)
Best thing to do, if you have a couple of bikes you're interested in, put your own ad on Kijiji "Wanted : Ninja 300..."
Guys might be storing them in the garage, thinking they can't sell them till spring. It costs you nothing, Kijiji is free.

Christmas is coming and christmas bills soon follow. This is a good idea.

Some want to shop for thier next bike, but they need the current ride sold for whatever reason. They are often motivated sellers.

its said all the time, but check with your insurance provider before buying an awesome deal. It may not be so affordable once its home.

I had a friend who was in the business of buying and selling old motorcycles, he made sure to be aware of all the owners of the nice collectable old motorcycles for miles around and then he watched the obituaries. Apparently grieving widows generally have no clue what the things are worth and rarely want to continue maintaining hubbies old motorcycle collection. Sounds morbid but he certainly turned over a Lot of motorcycles.
.... :rolleyes: come to think of it, he died, I wonder what happened to all his old bikes.

There will always be good deals on bikes. People are always moving far away for jobs, lose interest, divorce etc. There are probably more motivated sellers when they are looking at the cost of storage for the winter, but that doesn't mean you can't get a killer deal now.

I've found that it's best to know what you want. Research that model, know its weak points so that you can look for them on an inspection, and know what that model is selling for over the last few months. That way, you'll know a great deal when you see it and/or you can negotiate more effectively knowing you can walk away from a seller who wants too much.

Hi there,

To buy a used bike from Kijiji, is it better to buy now or wait until Apr (to be able to really ride it)? April will be 2018 and bike will be one year older. right?!

In April it'll be 4 months older.

It's best to look for a bike you want and buy it when you've found something in your budget or something you think is a good deal. That could happen now or in July, depending on how long and far your search is.

anyone listing a bike for sale now needs it gone
but there is less selection

Not really. Some bikes are niche and require just the ideal buyer. When you are selling is not really affecting the potential sale, since the bike ad needs to be seen by the right byuer.

Blowing out DRZ400, I'd probably post rather now too, because in spring there will be hundreds of them ... LOL

Thanks everyone. Very useful and informative replies.
Kijii/Autotrader motorcycle prices are lowest in December, they begin to rise in January and peak in April. I listed my 08 Busa for $7500 in June, got several offers at $5500 which I turned down. I listed it again a couple of weeks ago at $6500, now $5500 -- not a sniff.

Reverse last year -- listed my '11 Ninja 250 for $2900 Dec '16 - not a sniff. Relisted in March '17 at $3300, sold it for $3100.

Back
Top Bottom