What Is This Bike | GTAMotorcycle.com

What Is This Bike

Subscribed for the story behind this one.

It's a small ninja (250 or 300). I don't know them well enough to pick out year. Look down in past the right handlebar and you should see a year (and a VIN # which you can use to pull the UVIP to see who owns the bike you know nothing about and are selling).

I have a Kawasaki Ninja in my garage. I think it is a 2017 Ninja 250. Can anyone confirm?

I am also wondering how much can I sell it for? it has 7000km.

https://imgur.com/a/VKgbz

Can probably sell it for $2000-$2500, assuming maintenance has been done (carburetor cleaning since it's obviously been sitting around, oil change, coolant flush, no rust on the chain, fork oil changed since it's like 10 years old, break fluid replaced, and definitely new tires).

Those tires are probably rock hard, guessing since there is only 7000km on them and a big flat spot, so they're probably the original tires and way too old.

If you're asking anything more than $2500, potential buyers would just get the 2013-2017 Ninja 300.

If none of that stuff has been done, $1500-2000 max.

Last edited:
Go to the Service Ontario with the 17 digit VIN (vehicle identification number) and get the UVIP (used vehicle information package).
That will tell you the year and model.
Now you have the problem of no ownership (I assume), so unless you can find a way to get that all its worth is parts.

If you can't prove you own it and proceed to sell it; is worth somewhere between 6 months and 10 years.

possibly a storage unit buyout.

Anyone know how that works for vehicles? A notorized letter from storage company that vehicle was seized to pay a debt? Is there equivalent to a mechanics lien for storage? However it was acquired, I would be running the VIN by the cops. Getting caught selling stolen property (even if you may have thought you bought it legally) quickly exceeds the value of that bike.

Based on the wording the OP used, my money is on this bike being associated with a tenant or past significant other. There are very few scenarios where the OP can legally sell this bike.

I would think step one would be to acquire an unfit vehicle certificate (ownership) from DMV in his name and I'm almost certain that requires a title search, the cost of which he will need to pay (is a small fee) * a written letter will need to be drafted explaining how the vehicle came to be in his possession. Then on having the unfit ownership in hand, he owns it and can sell it without ever having to provide proof of insurance coverage.
The end buyer will need to have it certified and insured prior to plating it for the road again.
All starts with the VIN, but it sounds like the OP has no idea about motor vehicles and vehicle identification numbers.

* I only know this because I once had a slimy nefarious dealership abscond with my VIN after they replaced my frame, returned my motorcycle to me without any VIN at all and built a motorcycle around my old repaired frame and VIN, then sold it years after the fact, the dirty rotten sod.

No DMV up here. Insurance has nothing to do with selling. Agreed, it sounds like the OP has no idea about motor vehicle sales/ownership. If it's legally in their possession, they can swear an affidavit. If it's inherited, they have to go thru that route. Either way there's a bit of paperwork that depends on the circumstances. Let's see if the OP comes forward with that.

Last edited:
Ibtl

My GF thought she would really enjoy riding a motorcycle so she bought a used bike a year ago and took lessons. Shortly after she realized that motorcycling isn't her thing so she left the bike in the garage. She's thinks she bought a 2007 Ninja 250, but I just want to confirm. Now its time to clean that messy garage (as you can see from the pictures) hence why I'm trying to determine the value of the bike. And yes, I have no knowledge about motor vehicles or purchasing/selling of one.

I'll go look up the VIN tag when I get a chance.

But you guys say it is worth between $1000 - $2000? And most likely a 2008 Ninja 250?

Back
Top Bottom