Rumbux Crash bars/skid plate (KTM) | GTAMotorcycle.com

Rumbux Crash bars/skid plate (KTM)

giddyup

Anyone know where I can get these for a 2014 KTM 690 enduro?
Every where I have look so far says sold out.

Did you try Dual Sport Plus?

Wingboy; remember the olden days when we used to make our skid plates out of an old coal shovel :lmao: they worked pretty darn good too!

Two things to look for if you are shopping for or making a skid plate: 1) they should be flat across the bottom so that when you sump out on a log or something it doesn't tilt you over to one side like the early TY250 monoshock bikes did. 2) it should extend back far enough to protect the suspension linkage like most of them now don't do.

Then Preston Petty came along.... :)

Had one of those, it didn't really fit any better then the coal shovel.

Did you try Dual Sport Plus?

I gave them a call but they do not carry them.
They don't even list KTM 690 on their site but I am sure Husq 701 would fit.
He gave me some other leads as well to check out.

I found the Touratechs to looks kinda flimsy but would like to see one in person to confirm.

Two things to look for if you are shopping for or making a skid plate: 1) they should be flat across the bottom so that when you sump out on a log or something it doesn't tilt you over to one side like the early TY250 monoshock bikes did. 2) it should extend back far enough to protect the suspension linkage like most of them now don't do.

Black Dog makes a really suweet skid plate that is built like a tank, flat and extends far enough back to protect rear master and susp link.
http://blackdogcw.com/bdcw-ultimate-skid-plate-ktm-690-husky-701/

Wingboy; remember the olden days when we used to make our skid plates out of an old coal shovel :lmao: they worked pretty darn good too!

Hahaha...yup.

Back
Top Bottom