Random Hoses | GTAMotorcycle.com

Random Hoses

Noob28

Hey so i just noticed these random hoses coming form my motorcycle. I don't know if I knocked something lose or what. I tried finding where they go but I couldn't, are these overfill hoses? There near the back.The bikes a cbr125, 2008. I wanted to upload photos but I cant seem to upload them.

Hey so i just noticed these random hoses coming form my motorcycle. I don't know if I knocked something lose or what. I tried finding where they go but I couldn't, are these overfill hoses? There near the back.The bikes a cbr125, 2008. I wanted to upload photos but I cant seem to upload them.

Use a site like tinypic to upload your pictures. GTAM sucks huge for hosting pics (probably to keep the bandwidth costs down).

Agree with Java, normally entirely normal vent/overflow lines

Bunch of little black hoses all cut to almost the same length, carefully routed so that they don't get pinched and all appearing to drain out on the ground?
Probably safe bet they are suppose to be like that.

try Postimage dot org

Odds are if the bike is running properly they are, as others have stated, just vent/overflow hoses.

Yeah the bike was running properly yesterday, I just notice it today. I will try to get the images uploaded. Thanks for the input guys.

I used tinypic, here are the links.

2ccumc5.jpg

111upg6.jpg

69gylf.jpg

... The capped one should be drained once in a while.

... or it's a one way valve so that goop can drain out but poop can't get sucked back up the pipe ;)

possibly airbox drain. Drain it when there's condensation/oily residue. Re-cap again.

Check your manual, it should be mentioned there.

Last edited:
possibly airbox drain. Drain it when there's condensation/oily residue. Re-cap again.

very, very likely, especially if it exits from the lowest part of the air box.

4-stroke engines need to maintain atmospheric air pressure in the bottom end of their engine, particularly on a single cylinder engine they literally breath in and out every time the piston goes up and down. If they can't breath in this manor, such as if the crankcase vent becomes completely plugged, they can become an air pump and that will be a bad thing. It is important that the air going in is clean and free or water and when it breathes out it expels a very tiny amount of oil mist and possibly water from condensation that might otherwise accumulate inside the vented crankcase. One of the reasons for gasses to blow out and be vented into the air box is the result of piston blow-by (leakage of combustion gasses past your piston rings) This is totally normal even in a new motor and not a source of concern provided the amount of oil is not excessive. Because the drain pipe is directly connected to the air box after the air filter, you wouldn't want dirt to go in there, hence the one way drain valve thingy.

Back
Top Bottom