Talk me out of a KLX250 | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Talk me out of a KLX250

They are making money on the bikes .... unless legislation forces them into FI, I doubt you will see any changes anytime soon. I think most people prefer this simple and inexpensive machine which anyone can buy hop-up parts of any kind. They have a sweet spot, nobody else really occupies. Smart ...

They are making money on the bikes .... unless legislation forces them into FI, I doubt you will see any changes anytime soon. I think most people prefer this simple and inexpensive machine which anyone can buy hop-up parts of any kind. They have a sweet spot, nobody else really occupies. Smart ...
Agreed. The drz serves its purpose very well. It's a very reliable backroads exploring take any trail you find kind of bike.
My first was a "s" model with every farkle imaginable, sold it with 21k on it running like new. Now I have a blue plated e model, has a little more juice and a little less weight.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Today I was at a work function and started talking to someone that does trials with you. British accent that works at CT.

lol the British accent part narrowed it down to about half the guys who ride vintage trials.
... another 30% speak with a French accent.

Any model that doesn't already have Fi is probably being imported by the rule of averaging. Importers are allowed to let a percentage of marginally compliant models by, based on exceeding the compliance with other models. Those CV carbureted models are the ones that have the sealed adjustment screws that everybody drills out when they replace the stock exhaust system with a free-flow one just as you implied. ... they are also breaking the law, because you ain't suppose to do that to your pollution control equipment on street bikes, it's only acceptable for closed circuit competition.

That and a diet would make that bike perfect. Hope they are listening. The fact that they pulled out of the Japanese enduro championship does not sound too promising though...
Have you decided what the next new do it all bike for you will be yet?

Have you decided what the next new do it all bike for you will be yet?

I think for now I'm going to take apart and refurbish the xChallenge for next season. Wheels, bearings, plugs, cooling system, wiring harness check are all on the to do list.

The KLX has potential, but buying it new is turning out to be more expensive than tracking down a well-equipped EXC or FE501, so numbers don't add up.

Back
Top Bottom