Bikes not sold in North america? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bikes not sold in North america?

south asia probably buys the total value of the annual north american market every two weeks. To sell a bike here requires meeting lots of requirements and regulations. Selling a bike in places there requires opening a shop. There are lots of cool things we will never see.

spent last winter in SA - Ecuador
bikes were sold everywhere
convenience stores had them

TVS APACHE RR 310
That's the BMW 310 in fully faired dress. BMW didn't include this configuration in it's 310 lineup, likely because it's not ready to run with with R3 and Ninja 300s in this market.

IIRC...It's the Indian manufacturer's version of the BMW they build for BMW.
https://www.tvsapache.com/rr310/

They could use a better track rider though...rider looks locked into one position.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=164&v=11xJSTCJE7w

I like the look of the BMW GS version too.
2018-bmw-g-310-gs_061_onloc.jpg

Last edited:
yep, its not really a BMW

Kind of like calling the 390's KTM....bit of a stretch

yep, its not really a BMW

Kind of like calling the 390's KTM....bit of a stretch
Both of these bikes are spec'd & designed in their Fatherlands -- just manufactured in India under partnership with Indian makers TVS and Bajaj. I don't think this is an unususal arrangement, neither TKM or BMW operate high volume plants in low cost markets, the Europeans are tapping Indian factory infrastructure and experience. Harley, Triumph, Honda, Suzuki Yamaha all have or have had similar partnerships.

I love the little race bikes. I've tried to buy one of the VT250L a few times. One out in Niagara region.

1989 VT250L Spada
Honda%20VT%20250%20Spada.jpg

RVF400
RVF400RR-NH196K.jpg

CBR400RR
CBR400RR%E3%80%80CBR600RR%E3%80%80%E6%AF%94%E8%BC%83-2-300x225.jpg

Both of these bikes are spec'd & designed in their Fatherlands -- just manufactured in India under partnership with Indian makers TVS and Bajaj. I don't think this is an unususal arrangement, neither TKM or BMW operate high volume plants in low cost markets, the Europeans are tapping Indian factory infrastructure and experience. Harley, Triumph, Honda, Suzuki Yamaha all have or have had similar partnerships.

That's a good thing for India because I'm pretty sure the high tech computer industries are pulling out of there real fast.

That's a good thing for India because I'm pretty sure the high tech computer industries are pulling out of there real fast.

Cost of labor rising?

I hesitate to reveal my sources, but has anyone been impressed with their telephone tech support, or their computer programming?

I hesitate to reveal my sources, but has anyone been impressed with their telephone tech support, or their computer programming?

in the 21st century development isnt fixed to any geographical location

I've worked on some projects where team members were on separate continents, also worked on teams where everyone was in toronto

lol....part of one of my old jobs moved to India. Had to call India to connect to Wisconsin to do something located in Quebec. Or if I got fed up enough, I connected directly and just did it myself. The hardware used to be in TO but got moved to Que to be more efficient....went millions over budget and time to implement.

There's an old saying: 1) you can have it cheap, 2) you can have it fast 3) you can have it good. Pick 2.

If you're dealing in India, you only get to pick one -- and it's always option 1.

It's just a prototype so far, but it will never make it to N.A. because it's based on the Honda 500 platform Honda is already committed to selling here.

01-Impala3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom