Cleaning out the Vstrom basement | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cleaning out the Vstrom basement

shanekingsley

Curry - so nice it burns you twice
Site Supporter
Located in Mississauga - pick up only please
Prices as marked and anything listed as Free/Trade - I could always use brake cleaner, chain lube, green tea or mechanical knowledge.

Many items here are for the 1st gen DL650, but some may fit the 1st gen DL1000 as well as other bikes.

Buell Turn Signals: $50 - Common solution for turn signals that won't break as easily as the OEM Strom ones do in a tip over. They are lower profile and very flexible. Never used, still in packaging with almost all (if not all) of the correct hardware. If any small hardware is missing, it's super easy and fast to get them ordered from a local Harley dealership, but I'm pretty sure it's all there. All the info required on this mod is here: Buell turnsignal installation how to!

OEM fork springs: Free - I have two sets. The first is off a 2006 DL650 and have about 6k on them. The second are off a 2011 DL650 with about 20k on them. Both are in excellent condition and good if you want to experiment with modifying them or you need to replace yours for some reason.

OEM windscreen: Free - In good condition. I used it for a season or two so it has typical minor scratches here and there but is quite functional.
i-dhpTx6b-L.jpg

Alaskan Leather Sheepskin Seat Cover: $50 - Originally designed to be a fit for the KLR 650, this also fits perfectly on the DL650 seat. Has two straps to wrap under the front and rear of the seat. Adds many hours of comfort to the OEM seat.
DSCN4166-L.jpg

Pending Sold:KTM Duke Mirrors: Free - Well used and still work great. Much slimmer profile than the OEM mirrors and very useful for reducing wind related helmet buffeting. The only issue is some very minor cracking of the rubber boot at the base of the right mirror. Still totally functional and I have the mirror extenders too.
DSCN9324-L.jpg

Pending Sold: Right side front fairing: Free - Bought this as a temporary fix for my bike. It's grey and has all the mounting tabs intact. There are some light scratches or nicks on it, but pretty minor stuff. Totally functional.
i-dggPcNz-L.jpg

Pending Sold: Canadian Tire Gel Seat: Free - This is a good gel seat cover to just add some temporary relief to the miserable stock seat. It's been cut and sown to fit the profile of the DL650 seat.
i-pGnSp5w-L.jpg

Pending Sold: Shorty tinted windscreen: Free - picked this up off another member here and it's just a OEM screen that has been nicely cut down to size and painted. There is a small drilled hole in the top centre of the screen - not sure why the previous owner did that, but it's really small and clean.
i-mhsbNz9-L.jpg

Pending Sold: OEM luggage rack rubber infill cover: Free - mint condition - never used.
i-G4rKdzL-L.jpg

JPending Sold: Joe Rocket Tail Bag: $50 - Awesome tail bag that I used for many of my longer trips. Straps down to the seat and also worked as a backrest on the really long days.
DSCN4546-L.jpg

Pending Sold: Corbin Seat: $50 - Still works fine, but it started to separate at the seams from my Kevlar suit. It's still totally ok to use, and one day the seams will eventually separate to the point of the foam coming out - but it's definitely got a lot of life left in it or can be recovered to bring new life into it. I found this seat very comfortable for 1000km days.
i-SrGdBbw-L.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom