Recommendations needed for shock/fork re-valving | GTAMotorcycle.com

Recommendations needed for shock/fork re-valving

limitsreached

Hey guys, I purchased my current track bike(2005 GSXR600) in the later part of summer and decided to just run the bike as-is to get some seat time without worrying about setup. Now that I have put three days on the bike, it works well considering the unknown valving/spring combo front and rear. That being said, I like to know whats in it and more importantly, have them valved and sprung for my weight and tire selection.

Details:

2005 GSXR600
Traxxion internals in the front forks (stickers indicate it was done in-house as well)
8987 Penske Triple clicker in the rear
Likely going to be running DOT or full slicks for the next season

I prefer to use someone local, but I am willing to send them directly to Traxxion and Penske if that is what you guys think is best.

Thanks in advance!

have you set sag on it?

as far as shops go Accelerated Technologies is a popular one for suspension, Pro 6 and Riders Choice do suspension work as well AFAIK

have you set sag on it?

as far as shops go Accelerated Technologies is a popular one for suspension, Pro 6 and Riders Choice do suspension work as well AFAIK

Sag was set before my first outing. My plan is to have the forks and shock re-valved then head to Pro 6 for an in person setup of the bike with the fresh suspension. Accelerated Technologies seems like a reputable shop based on what i have been reading so maybe he could be my one-stop shop. :)

I will await to here some other suggestions before making a decision obviously.

When was it last refreshed?
Have you adjusted any settings during the course of those trackdays?

Shock springs will usually have the spring rate printed on it somewhere on an aftermarket shock like a Penske.

Doesn't really make sense to go to one shop for a rebuild, and another for setup imo. Both Accelerated and Pro 6 are capable of both jobs in one place.

Back
Top Bottom