The Wynne bag is at it again | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Wynne bag is at it again

Insurance reform is a big job because there are lots of broken parts that need to be fixed. To do this requires political will and a strong upwelling of public support (organized public support). The conditions for reform don't exist - and they won't until there's a champion in government and an upswelling of public support.

I'm no expert, but there has to be something wrong when I pay $2250/month for 2 big bikes in Ontario. In the Florida, the same insurance cost me $675US.

Insurance reform is a big job because there are lots of broken parts that need to be fixed. To do this requires political will and a strong upwelling of public support (organized public support). The conditions for reform don't exist - and they won't until there's a champion in government and an upswelling of public support.

I'm no expert, but there has to be something wrong when I pay $2250/month for 2 big bikes in Ontario. In the Florida, the same insurance cost me $675US.

There's obviously more to that difference than just fraud. There's no way fraud eats up 70% of our insurance payments.

Umm you are paying how much a month???

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ontario-fair-auto-insurance-plan-1.4433569

How do we keep tolerating this crap. Get elected and do nothing until an election is on the horizon and your job is at risk and then come up with a plan. If you get elected again the plan becomes dishwater.

Fraud over a billion $$ a year isn't news.

Establish a Serious Fraud Office...................you mean a police department????

Victims are getting screwed, not news.

Sigh
Its called democracy ;)

every 4 years we elect a handful of people who are under corporate and bank control.

We then empower the handful of people we elected to make decisions on our behalf for the next 4 years without consulting with us

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

wtf? What's the upside to you for that one? If you want to run a cash scam to avoid income tax, it's much safer for all involved to "sell" him a piece of equipment that the business could use. If there is ever an audit, that equipment broke or was stolen.

Outside of the criminal act there is a limit to our PT benefits. If I needed something down the road I would have to pay it.

Its called democracy ;)

every 4 years we elect a handful of people who are under corporate and bank control.

We then empower the handful of people we elected to make decisions on our behalf for the next 4 years without consulting with us

Track record:

Hydro, bungled and bungled again and again. Little hope of recovery to what it should have been.

Auto insurance, no-fault has turned into pay more to get less fleecing.

Recycling. Don't misunderstand. I am a firm supporter of recycling but more importantly efficient recycling. The province signed off to favour the packaging industry. Licensed to pollute.

407 ETR. Licensed to suck blood for 99 years.

Green belts being made "Light green"

Downloading of services to municipalities

What have they done right?

getting elected

Sent from my iPad using GTAMotorcycle.com

If the conservatives ran a campaign where the leader just kept their mouth shut they would probably get in, but they always pick someone that opens their mouth and stupid falls out. And people are still frightened by the NDP, so Liberals keep getting in by default. McGuinty & Wynne prove(d) that they can do pretty much whatever they want as long as they put up a front that they have any idea of what they are doing

Track record:

Hydro, bungled and bungled again and again. Little hope of recovery to what it should have been.

Recycling. Don't misunderstand. I am a firm supporter of recycling but more importantly efficient recycling. The province signed off to favour the packaging industry. Licensed to pollute.

You forgot orng.

There's obviously more to that difference than just fraud. There's no way fraud eats up 70% of our insurance payments.

I am sure he's not paying 2250$/month ... but rather per year. Secondly, comparing Florida rates with Markham/Ontario rates is like saying dollar is a dollar whether you call it US$ or C$ ... right? We have been over it thousand times here at GTAM .... someone has to pay for the "free" medical coverage one gets up here vs. down there. That is not to say that Ontario rates are high, definitely are, but to expect to pay the same what US riders pay, is un-realistic non-sense. Apples to Oranges ....

What about Alberta?

I have no idea what the rates are like in Alberta ... but I'd expect lower. Hard to compare though GTA with Calgary .... sticks to sticks Alberta is probably still lower, since fraud is % of that, it's lower as well $-wise ... I am going to take a guess and say that their rates will be 30% lower on average.

I am sure he's not paying 2250$/month ... but rather per year. Secondly, comparing Florida rates with Markham/Ontario rates is like saying dollar is a dollar whether you call it US$ or C$ ... right? We have been over it thousand times here at GTAM .... someone has to pay for the "free" medical coverage one gets up here vs. down there. That is not to say that Ontario rates are high, definitely are, but to expect to pay the same what US riders pay, is un-realistic non-sense. Apples to Oranges ....

Agreed totally is unrealistic comparison.
Florida also has 20 million people, almost 2/3 rd's the population of all of Canada. Much larger user base to work with then Ontario.

Also these neutral medical assessment centres sound like a huge waste of money and time. Is a medical license not good enough?

No. My brother has experienced bias leaning towards the insurance company limiting care when he used their people. When he went to a new group not associated with the insurance company, they had different opinions.

Track record:

Nothing

Back
Top Bottom