Fiat 500 poor resale? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Fiat 500 poor resale?

Few of the plants have had reno's recently and look pretty snazzy.

I need an excuse to get over to NV and watch them build the Ford GT.

I think I've only ever been in the skunk-works plant once, and it was years ago. Most of my work has to do with production-line automation, which means I see the high-volume production equipment all the time, and not so much the high-end (low-volume) suspension parts plant, and certainly not the skunk-works plant!

Sure, but it was a "premium" small car.
Premium? hahaha

I don't want a bland Japanese appliance.
I've driven many bland Japanese appliances that are much nicer than the Fiat 500.

but can't figure out why almost all of them are auto trans
why would you buy a 100HP car and not get the 5 speed??
Why anyone would buy almost any car with automatic makes no sense to me. Unfortunately that's the way the market's going. Ended up with my X3 because it was basically between it and a Cayenne if I wanted manual and I can't afford a Cayenne.

cause for most driving is a chore and a manual in stop and go traffic is a pain. Unlike a MC, which is primarily for recreation.
Meh. I sit in rush hour every day. It's not a big deal.

cause for most driving is a chore and a manual in stop and go traffic is a pain. Unlike a MC, which is primarily for recreation.

perhaps, but being stuck in a penalty box Fiat is punishment enough, why go full retard and get an automatic as well.

Ended up with my X3 because it was basically between it and a Cayenne if I wanted manual and I can't afford a Cayenne.

The Cayenne came in a manual?? That large Porsche SUV!

The Cayenne came in a manual?? That large Porsche SUV!
So did the X5 but the X5 didn't have it after 2004 and those early models don't have xDrive. They have some other AWD system that only uses the brakes and no limited slip differentials. My X3 is manual with the active center differential.

Personally I kind of liked my 2005 Outlander better than the X3.

I may have exaggerated a bit. The Nissan Xterra and Suzuki Grand Vitara also came in manual but the Xterra is way tall (about the same height as a full size van) and the Grand Vitara has the sideways opening tailgate which means no carrying long items out the back so I had to cut those off the list.

perhaps, but being stuck in a penalty box Fiat is punishment enough, why go full retard and get an automatic as well.
I actually didn't mind driving one as a rental for a couple days. Wouldn't want to own one. Still liked my father's Echos better and those things both lasted over 12 years (well one is 12 now and the other lasted 15 years) with next to no work.

Premium? hahaha

I've driven many bland Japanese appliances that are much nicer than the Fiat 500.

Why anyone would buy almost any car with automatic makes no sense to me. Unfortunately that's the way the market's going. Ended up with my X3 because it was basically between it and a Cayenne if I wanted manual and I can't afford a Cayenne.

does your X3 have the broken turn signal problem?
should really be a recall on those things

does your X3 have the broken turn signal problem?
should really be a recall on those things
Lol no.

There is a recall for a PCV heater and passenger seat occupancy sensor.

RE small cars, I drove a 6 speed Toyota IQ (scion IQ). Very fun car. The engine is behind the steering rack, but not completely behind the front wheels, so it's not a mid engine but close. It handles like a go cart, spacious even for four people but no luggage space. If I was in the market for a commuter I would want one, but they don't come with MT transmissions in NA :(

spacious even for four people but no luggage space.
The back seats of an IQ are useless even when no one is in the front. My 944 has more space in the back. I feel like you must've mixed this up with another car...

The back seats of an IQ are useless even when no one is in the front. My 944 has more space in the back. I feel like you must've mixed this up with another car...

The 944 must be an SUV then. The IQ was big enough for four to do 3000K with minimal luggage.

Lol no.

There is a recall for a PCV heater and passenger seat occupancy sensor.

i want to believe you got it, but i can't shake the feeling..

The 944 must be an SUV then. The IQ was big enough for four to do 3000K with minimal luggage.
We're talking about this, right?

scion-iq-two-door-city-car-like-youve-never-seen-before3.jpg

Yep, did you ever sit in one? That guy in the picture must be over 7 feet.

Last edited:
Yep, did you ever sit in one? That guy in the picture must be over 7 feet.
I did. The front was roomy enough but like I said, the back seats had zero space to put your feet and legs. The fronts were right up against the rears. Guess I'll have to take another look. When I looked at it I wondered why they even put the rear seats in.

DSC_0594.jpg

Actually the reviews all say the rear seat is useless and there's a kit to remove it. Maybe you and your friends are tiny.

Anyway, if it works for you all the power to you.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom