Fiat 500 poor resale? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Fiat 500 poor resale?

An Italian car made in Mexico by Chrysler, how can it not be anything but fantastic....

I work in the auto industry with parts suppliers. Everyone builds stuff pretty much the same way worldwide and buys parts from a relatively common group of suppliers who supply everyone with whatever parts they build. Look how big the Takata airbag scandal became and how many brands it affected. (that's what happens when this business model goes wrong ...)

Italian assembly plant https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z24-fcIcyUs

Toluca MX assembly plant https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WV7zt4YTe_Q

they both look the same as any other assembly plant ... both have a very high level of automation in body and paint.

Fiat was the first manufacturer to design a mass-market auto engine for fully automated assembly (FIRE = "Fully Integrated Robotised Engine") Everyone does it that way now, but Fiat did it first!

FIAT- First Introduced Auto Tech?

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

my relatives in Sicily all own Fiats, I spent much time with them once upon a time.

I can tell you they are the junkiest cars on the planet. Reminded me of the GM's from the 80s.. remember the J bodies platform? slapped together, and falling apart.

I shuddered when I heard Fiat was coming to north america. Thankfully, its just limited to one junky model that nobody wants.

my relatives in Sicily all own Fiats, I spent much time with them once upon a time.

I can tell you they are the junkiest cars on the planet. Reminded me of the GM's from the 80s.. remember the J bodies platform? slapped together, and falling apart.

I shuddered when I heard Fiat was coming to north america. Thankfully, its just limited to one junky model that nobody wants.

How long ago ...

There's a big difference between how stuff is built now versus how it was in the 1980s ... and that applies to your beloved Honda cars, too. My '78 Civic went to the junker completely rusted out in 12 years because Honda didn't understand corrosion protection, and using a litre of oil every 400 km because Honda didn't figure out how to make valve stem seals until sometime in the 1980s and they ALL became oil burners ... and they all rusted so fast you could hear it happening.

One of your beloved Hondas turned into a scrap-heap-mobile right in front of my house this morning. Engine running ... car only capable of moving at a crawl speed on level ground. Transmission. Car is old enough (it was the Civic generation before 2006) and had body damage, so it's not worth fixing; this is far from the first time that Honda's fragile explode-o-matics sent the car to the junk pile. And you can't blame that on suppliers, because with few exceptions (this wasn't one) Honda builds their own transmissions.

My niece has a 2003 Accord V6 automatic. I warned her ...

Honda sells more civics in one day then fiat does their entire line up in a year of north america sales

I don't think they are too worried.

Worst vehicle i have ever owned was Honda Accord.Less than a year and about 20k.

I work in the auto industry with parts suppliers.

You've piqued my interest as i too am in automotive.

Tier 1 manufacturer here, you?

Engineering consultant. Which Tier 1? (You can hint if you like ...) I deal with several Magna divisions although I'm not married to them.

FCA JL and JT, and GM T1XX, have been keeping us hopping.

Engineering consultant. Which Tier 1? (You can hint if you like ...) I deal with several Magna divisions although I'm not married to them.

FCA JL and JT, and GM T1XX, have been keeping us hopping.

Lol. I know the programs well, I work for Multimatic. ;)

T1XX is looking beastly, solid replacement for K2.

I wish they sold Renault cars here. I quite like(d) them. My first car was a Renault 11.

Strength Through Technology

Yup, their logo is pretty cool - the full scale 3D one in the lobby in the Newmarket plant, especially so.

Back
Top Bottom