Need a home visit mechanic willing to change CBF1000 plugs. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Need a home visit mechanic willing to change CBF1000 plugs.

Heated and lit garage and decent work space.

Just have to chase the correct plugs...trying to be pro-active

NGK CR8EHIX-9 Iridium

Does George Brown college still offer a motorcycle mechanics night course? They were always very receptive to letting you take in your own ride to work on under a teachers supervision and had a great work area.

Is doing it yourself out of the question? It shouldn't be too difficult.

Frekeyguy +10000000....top notch work. Although I think the spark plugs you should be able to do yourself if you're handy. I had him do it as he did my valve clearance anyway so since he was in there may as well...

Plugs probably wont make any difference, if it is time to change them go ahead but dont expect miracles. I have had a few bikes that just didn't like the cold almost impossible to get started below 0 but as soon as the weather warm back to +5 or so everything is good again. Funnily enough they ones that were the worst were Honda's.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Heated and lit garage and decent work space.

Just have to chase the correct plugs...trying to be pro-active

NGK CR8EHIX-9 Iridium

First the battery, now the plugs? You're groping in the dark man. Have you checked to see if you're getting spark at all? I bet changing the plugs won't make a bit of difference. Yeah, get someone who knows what they're doing to look at it.

Adrian at Ace Moto Tech may be able to help too. He's in Milton.

Sorry don't know any who do home visits.

I know your at the forks often mac, frekey is maybe 15 mins from there

Ace is jammed til way out ....things have changed so stay tuned.

Okay when my son and I were trying to sort we saw a spare fuse behind the battery.
The manual does not list a fuse there.
Apparently there is one for the starter relay and one of the CBF experts suggested that was likely the culprit.

I'll gingerly try to locate the blown fuse as it's not obvious.

Light action camera.....

The fuse was a bear to rock out but patience and a bright LED light paid off. Plugged the new one and all well it seems. Now just to fit the battery cage and fuse holder....since the Shorai is oriented differently even getting the positive lead on with the cover was a bit of a trick. The battery is soooo light and small tho that it finally sorted. I'll get the mechanic to clean that relay when he does the plugs.

The outer cage I'll wait till my back unkinks or my bicycle mechanic staff takes pity - at least I have a working motorcycle for the wonderful weather we are experiencing.

BUT ...it is 9 C out going to 11 and the rain front is clearing off.
https://weather.gc.ca/radar/index_e.html?id=WSO

Last edited:
Glad you have it straightened out.

Sounds like you bought the wrong battery if the terminals are backwards.

via Tapatalk

Correct battery ...terminals are not "backward" ....it's a side mount with the terminals facing out and the Honda has the terminals on the orginal battery on the upward side...the Shorai on the downward....both work in the battery cage ...I just did the same orientation....oops. Tiring week....just missed it.

The Shorais are very light and small but do they pack a punch - the CBF has never started as quick as it did this morning. :D

Back
Top Bottom