Engine rebuilder near GTA? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Engine rebuilder near GTA?

ironryder

Hi y'all
Any one know of any good rebuilder around for V twin enignes? Had your engine rebuild that is still running lol?

I assume it is one of the two in your signature and not a Harley-Davidson. There's nothing special about a V-twin Japanese engine; it's built the same way any other engine from that manufacturer is built. (H-D is another matter.)

The next question is WHY. What's the underlying reason for wanting/needing a rebuild? "do not disassemble unless necessary"

Given that this is a late model bike, a shop like Pro 6 Cycle can handle it. Caution: It's going to be expensive; there is a lot of labour involved. Depending on the answer to the reason "why", and given that you are dealing with a late model bike, it may be more straightforward to just get another engine.

I do 'em myself, but I don't do work for others. If you have the factory service manual in hand and a reasonable selection of tools, it is not rocket science. There are some operations where you may need a hand ... I just had a few friends over this afternoon to install an awkward lump of a ZX10R engine back into its frame.

Back
Top Bottom