Storing bike in garage (house) any need for a cover? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Storing bike in garage (house) any need for a cover?

sburns

What do you all think? Right now I thinking no. It will be dry in there and I am not really concerned about dust. I will be cleaning the bike anyway (needs it right now from just riding it the wet). Or is there something I am not thinking about?

I haven't put it to bed yet as I am still riding the odd time.

any old sheet that does NOT scratch would be fine. I use an old curtain and an old flag(not the Maple Leaf). Just need to keep the dust off a bit.

Do not use any sort of tarp or similar. Use a breathable cover if you want to keep the dust off. Water can come up from the concrete, condense on the tarp and rain back on the bike creating a moldy bike.

Old fitted sheets work well to make cleanup in the spring faster/easier.

Princess Auto motorcycle cover, and your good to go

e8FCJgl.jpg

Leave it, it’s meant to be used outside anyways. Just make sure to keep the battery topped off.

any old breathable cover is good, sometimes i bother with it, sometimes i dont, its indoors

Princess Auto motorcycle cover, and your good to go

e8FCJgl.jpg

Don't think that will breathe enough.An old bedsheet is plenty.Anything that keeps it dry in wet weather will keep moisture in.You can buy a big piece of cotton "sheeting" at any fabric store for a few bucks.It doesn't have to be pretty!

Last edited:
Mice are the biggest threat to a motorcycle that is stored indoors. If you don't have mice you have no worries.

Mice are the biggest threat to a motorcycle that is stored indoors. If you don't have mice you have no worries.

Meh i have seen the guy from fortnine suggest putting mice traps around the bike but...seems overkill

Meh i have seen the guy from fortnine suggest putting mice traps around the bike but...seems overkill

Five bucks for a few traps or a new wiring harness.?????

good point, will get em asap

depends on the situation
if it's your garage at your house
where you can see the bike everyday
and no toddlers around to mess with your bike
then prolly no need for a cover
if those things aren't true
then yeah, I'd cover it

I cover mine if I'm doing something dirty, otherwise it sits uncovered so I can move it around if I need to.

Cheers

Depends on the garage. Some detached garages will have critters stop in for a visit. Or sometimes you leave the garage door open and left unattended or back turned and something sneaks in.

I keep them covered with a decent cover. Easy to slip on and off when needed.

My bikes won’t win best In show but, I try to make an effort.

I wouldn’t tarp it but if you don’t want to get a decent cover, an old flannel or cotton bed sheet does the trick just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Short answer: no, not necessary

If you do use a cover, anything that is non scratch will do. Any non scratch fabric or cover will do. Covers were made from heavy vinyls for decades -- they were non-breathing and water proof, never saw a bike suffer. Winter humidity is too to cause condensation under a cover.

Forgot to mention that I cover the tailpipe over with foil. Just remember to remove it before starting it up.

Back
Top Bottom