Storing bike in garage (house) any need for a cover? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Storing bike in garage (house) any need for a cover?

The only time I ever covered my bike during winter storage the mice in my garage decided that under the cover was a great spot to make a home or the winter! Luckily they did zero damage to the bike (aside from peeing all over the gas tank, but that washed off easily). After that I invested in one of those sonic rodent repellers and never covered my bike again and haven't had that problem since. A little dusty come spring, but that is easy to wash off.

The only time I ever covered my bike during winter storage the mice in my garage decided that under the cover was a great spot to make a home or the winter! Luckily they did zero damage to the bike (aside from peeing all over the gas tank, but that washed off easily). After that I invested in one of those sonic rodent repellers and never covered my bike again and haven't had that problem since. A little dusty come spring, but that is easy to wash off.

to have mice making a home underneath the cover really got me worry. I would like to put a cover on my bike but after reading this, I'm having second thoughts about the cover...hmmm....

I would not cover the bike ...asking for condensation to form ...just let it sit ...it's happy. Maintain your battery....ideally take the weight off the tires if it's a really long stretch or move it a bit.

Back
Top Bottom