Waze adds Motorcycle Specific Navigation | GTAMotorcycle.com

Waze adds Motorcycle Specific Navigation

GagguP

Waze has added motorcycle specific navigation..
"that provides recommendations for the best route based on data pulled in from fellow motorcyclists, which is a little more valuable than sourcing those calculations from cars. Waze says it has gotten better at estimating arrival times for motorcycles, which “vary greatly from automobile ETAs,” and the motorcycle mode also adds routing info for narrow roads that aren’t accessible by car."

https://www.theverge.com/2017/11/29/16714436/waze-new-features-motorcycle-mode-hands-free-voice

Anyone know what app this fella is referring to? ios or android?--couldnt' find the paid version in a quick search.

I’ll have to take a look at WAZE and see how it works on a Motorcycle. Right now I use an app called CRUISER which is for Motorcycles. One of the things I really like about it, is I can tell it that I want to do a round trip, starting at my house and go for a 2 or more hour long ride and it’ll create a route to do that. But you can also set how curvy the roads are. So instead of just taking straight highway roads of boredom, you get the better scenery on curvy mountain roads or at least off of the highway as much as possible. Or if you’re already someplace, and you want to go home, you can go home the roundabout way for 1 or more hours. There’s a number of things you can do. It does cost money. Either a monthly fee or a lifetime charge.
I like it. There’s not a bunch of garbage all over the map. The buttons are larger so you can better control using gloves that work on a touchscreen. There are other Motorcycle Navigation apps like Scenic which I haven’t used much yet. These still may be better then WAZE. Remember you’re generally riding where there’s not a lot of WAZY crowdsourcing. A lot of times I’m where there’s no CELL service, which means on the phone map storage, which these have. But where crowdsource info you wouldn’t get anyway since there is no cell service. So you can’t post it, let alone get it. Not that I would try posting anything on my Motorcycle anyway. It’s really just a different type of market.
If you’re commuting to work on your Motorcycle, that’s different and just about any Navigation app would work and WAZEmay be the one for that.

Anyone know what app this fella is referring to? ios or android?--couldnt' find the paid version in a quick search.

I think he's referring to NAVIGON Cruiser. Not a lot of reviews of it in the App Store, but what is there isn't positive.

I was supposed to be in the beta testing group for this...if only Waze had their act together, but that’s another story.

Why they’d decide to introduce this now when half the continent now have their motorcycles parked for the season is kinda baffling to me, though. Even the beta testing was announced at a point where many less hardcore riders were already packing it in.

Back
Top Bottom