407 Charge Unrecognizable Plate - $1500+ | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

407 Charge Unrecognizable Plate - $1500+

I wonder how many people are like you and are fine paying for it
do you use it twice a day to commute?

No, I use it once or twice a month to visit my son at school in Waterloo. $10 a trip each way. Saves me 30 minutes driving and a couple of bucks in gas. Worth it to me.

Maybe another 4-5 times a month for convenience. I live at Dufferin St. just south of 407 so I use it to get to the 400 when going to the cottage, or really to get anywhere east or west of the city without sitting on the 401. Worth the money.

No, I use it once or twice a month to visit my son at school in Waterloo. $10 a trip each way. Saves me 30 minutes driving and a couple of bucks in gas. Worth it to me.

Maybe another 4-5 times a month for convenience. I live at Dufferin St. just south of 407 so I use it to get to the 400 when going to the cottage, or really to get anywhere east or west of the city without sitting on the 401. Worth the money.

Out on the bike in the Dundas Hamilton area it is worth the 10-15 dollars to not have to contend with the killers on the QEW.

This entire thing is about bad parenting.

I used to think that parenting was so easy, and some parents were just bad when I had the first boy, until I had the twins.

Anyways, if any of the pictures are like this, option one might be off the table.
2341CD9400000578-0-image-17_1416292683359.jpg

^this

Welp it looks like the best option would be for him to settle. Stupid, expensive lesson.

OMG seriously! Road tolls are taxes, don't Ever try to cheat on paying due taxes :/ and toll roads are luxury taxes no less, totally avoidable abuse of the system. Same goes for out of country travellers attempting to cheat our system, how much of a great saving is it going to be when they arrive at our border one day and told they are permanently not welcome in Canada! Totally stupid lesson.

Maybe photo radar would be a better analogy. If photo radar issued the fines only once per month, you could rack up a months' worth of 10-over fines before realizing you're being ticketed, and correct your ways. Sure, you're guilty of each offence, but you likely wouldn't have been guilty 30 times if you received a timely notice.

OK, I'll give you that IF IT TRULY was an unrecognized plate. I don't believe it is, I think the driver knew what they were doing, using a toll highway and trying not to pay

failure to master adulting

Friend of friend thing. Teenager grandson was living with granddad and complaining about GP being cheap. Friend tells the kid that GP has expenses like water, electricity and heat. Kiddo says "You have to pay for that????"

Kid will be able to vote in a few years. Just in case you wondered how Wynne got in.

Friend of friend thing. Teenager grandson was living with granddad and complaining about GP being cheap. Friend tells the kid that GP has expenses like water, electricity and heat. Kiddo says "You have to pay for that????" ...

I wish I could say that shocks me but the poor babies are after all the product of a crippled system. Grandpa grew up in an era when you would get the strap or the cane at school for being a total idiot, now they learn about entitlement.

I wonder how many people are like you and are fine paying for it
do you use it twice a day to commute?

I use it daily to commute to work and about half the time to get home. The time it saves me, and the hassle from sitting in traffic makes it worthwhile for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingboy View Post
This entire thing is about bad parenting.

Every kid is different ....some kids are just ornery from the get go ....mostly nature ....nurture only limits the carnage.

Pics of said "unrecognizable" plate? If it's legal it's not his fault the 407 camera can't see it. Why did the 407 ETR wait so long to tell him they couldn't read his plate?
Because they had to detect his pattern of entry/exits and then send someone to stake out those places and times and hope they nabbed him. It just takes time.

Friend of friend thing. Teenager grandson was living with granddad and complaining about GP being cheap. Friend tells the kid that GP has expenses like water, electricity and heat. Kiddo says "You have to pay for that????".

Parenting failure.

My kids starting paying for some of their own things at around 13, and we also started talking to them about the costs of daily life - leaving lights on inflates the electricity bill, hot water (and the water itself) isn't free, the garbage at the curb doesn't just disappear and the roads don't get plowed for free, our property taxes pay for that.

When they got part time jobs they started paying for their own cellphones and their wants vs needs.

And we just started charging my 20YO son a token amount in rent. He's working full time in his trade and can afford to go to the bar with his friends, eat out all the time, have a car, and spend $1000+/month of disposable income...even after putting away $400/month in RRSP's while he lives at home....amongst other things we talked to him about. He can afford it, and it's all taught him the budget basics.

Kids who have never had to actually see (much less pay) a bill or think about a budget when they're in their teens are the ones who live life oblivious to the realities of the world. Parents who let their kids live in those sorts of financial bubbles end up in these sorts of situations.

Last edited:
And we just started charging my 20YO son a token amount in rent. He's working full time in his trade and can afford to go to the bar with his friends, eat out all the time, have a car, and spend $1000+/month of disposable income...even after putting away $400/month in RRSP's while he lives at home....amongst other things we talked to him about. He can afford it, and it's all taught him the budget basics.

Kids who have never had to actually see (much less pay) a bill or think about a budget when they're in their teens are the ones who live life oblivious to the realities of the world. Parents who let their kids live in those sorts of financial bubbles end up in these sorts of situations.

Haha, my kids aren't old enough yet, but that's my plan. The more money they spend on stupid things, the more rent goes up. Potentially the rent gets returned to assist with a down payment on a house, but they won't know that.

EDIT:

RRSP's? Is he making big money? Forced saving is a great idea, but it may be a better idea to max TFSA until his income goes up if he is responsible enough not to pull it out. Or is he putting it in RRSP and delaying the credit?

Last edited:
Parenting failure.

My kids starting paying for some of their own things at around 13, and we also started talking to them about the costs of daily life - leaving lights on inflates the electricity bill, hot water (and the water itself) isn't free, the garbage at the curb doesn't just disappear and the roads don't get plowed for free, our property taxes pay for that.

When they got part time jobs they started paying for their own cellphones and their wants vs needs.

In a single parent home it's usually the sound of one hand clapping. The kids never see healthy adult to adult relationships. i.e. Dad says he just got a raise and mom says "Good. the price of roast beef has gone up."

Kiddo in my post was living with granddad so draw your own conclusions.

Seeing and paying a bill? The card is the same size regardless of how much cash it represents. No visual impact when one spends, i.e. the wallet getting thinner. Direct deposit paycheques and automatic online payments.....nothing to see. Everything just happens until there is a crisis.

It sounds like you have a good grip on the situation. If you don't make your kids part of the solution they become a big part of the problem.

In a single parent home it's usually the sound of one hand clapping. The kids never see healthy adult to adult relationships. i.e. Dad says he just got a raise and mom says "Good. the price of roast beef has gone up."

Kiddo in my post was living with granddad so draw your own conclusions.

He ate a lot of venison?

Parenting failure.

Sounds familiar, my allowance was cut when i was 16 (and living in the U.S. as a Canadian Citizen) and my Dad told me McDonalds is hiring so get to it. Then the rule in the house was work full time and pay rent/go to school full time or get out.

I had a surprise waiting for me in my accumulated mail when I got back from vacation in October.
A bill from the 407 stating I had driven on it the same day I was in Colorado.
I sent them a copy of the hotel bill with the same date.
Still waiting to hear back from them, but I'll be damned if I'm paying.

I had a surprise waiting for me in my accumulated mail when I got back from vacation in October.
A bill from the 407 stating I had driven on it the same day I was in Colorado.
I sent them a copy of the hotel bill with the same date.
Still waiting to hear back from them, but I'll be damned if I'm paying.

Your charge cancellation is reasonable as was mine when they dinged me a camera charge on the bike. A quick phone call fixed mine. The OP is a different situation and there doesn't seem to be any denial about the usage.

Back
Top Bottom