Motorcycle Food Delivery Question | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle Food Delivery Question

faivious

Hello!

Was wondering if anyone here delivers food with their bike (Ubereats, Foodora, etc.).

How much do you make on average, pros/cons and just tell me about your general experience!

Was interested in getting into it.

Thanks!

I have another question - would it affect your insurance policy? Would you need a business one?

I have another question - would it affect your insurance policy? Would you need a business one?

A bit of trivia. I was insuring my service van as commercial until a friend in the business got me artisan rates. I got the artisan rates because I tended to go to one site and stay there all day. The commercial rates applied to service vehicles that ripped from one job to another. That said, who tears around faster than a pizza delivery guy? Expect the worst rate category.

Just for laughs tell insurance you're doing it on a liter bike.

Seriously, research Uber taxi and its insurance policies and also dig into the outcomes of the Domino's Pizza crashes.

Too cold and wet for people to go out and someone wants to deliver on a motorcycle?????

Hello!

Was wondering if anyone here delivers food with their bike (Ubereats, Foodora, etc.).

How much do you make on average, pros/cons and just tell me about your general experience!

Was interested in getting into it.

Thanks!

As someone who drives (cage) for DoorDash once in awhile -

I was toying around with this same idea after i got the R3, never did try it. Now that i'm on an FZ i'll probably pass as i can't keep my hand off the throttle and as such the mileage is much worse lol. That being said, i don't foresee you making that much more coin per say, but id say maintenance and fuel costs would go down which puts more back in your pocket. Really i wanted to use it just for the parking, it can be a real PITA when you get sent downtown.

It's very up in down in terms of what you can make, Fri-Sun nights being the best bang for buck, especially if you work downtown you can luck out at a string of Yorkville orders with close delivery points. Realistically if you work 4hrs a night you're looking at $40-60 take home, then minus gas and the mileage effect on the car..probably comes in close to $15/hr. You won't retire doing this job but what it does give you over most part time jobs is schedule flexibility. Want an extra shift with short notice? Done. Want to drop 1 or more shifts because something came up? Done. This to me is worth the $5+/hr more that we'd all love to be making on the side.

Also yes, at the risk of your insurance company balking you'd have to inform them of your new use.

Last edited:
Many years ago I used to deliver tickets to charity events, hockey games etc. I used my 83 gs400e, it was a full time year round gig. I did fairly well for a young guy, it was good pay to ride around all day.
Not so lucrative when winter came and I switched to a 81 Pontiac parisienne, v8 20 feet long.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

If your insurance company finds out you are using your bike for commercial purposes you WILL be canceled for non disclosure.
There is no market for commercial motorcycle insurance in Ontario...yet.

Apparently that's the way they do a lot of deliveries now in NYC. Range and charge time might be an issue, again. But insurance certainly isn't.

Hundreds of delivery drivers on ebikes will fit right into the stereotype of careless riders those things have gained in the piblic eye.

Back
Top Bottom