2018 CSBK Predictions | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2018 CSBK Predictions

.. but a dirty bike sure would be easier on my wallet.

I was complaining yesterday about how much I spent on dirt riding last year, to then just realize the total for the year was what I would spend on less than two race weekends at SOAR :)

Once you have your bike and equipment, it is unbelievably cheap and to be honest in my case at least so much more fun overall... I say overall because there is nothing like those minutes on a Superbike.

You responded with a reductio ad absurdum argument. If you’re going to respond like a dick then don’t get all butt hurt when people treat you like a dick.

Not butt hurt at all. I'm comfortable with my position.

Just surprised at you.

For being an intelligent and logical man you haven't been in this discussion.

Last edited:
Not sure why you included SOAR in that. They run 12 classes back to back with at most 5 minutes between the end of one race and the start of another, with pro superbike as the last race of the day.

If you attention span is not that long I don't know what they can do to help you.
I know you were too busy to notice on your rookie year with all the rock & roll, woman and fame but Rookie is the last race of the day, used to freaking hate going in for my race when the entire paddock and spectators were packing it in, kind of like the AM superbike race at CSBK

Last edited:
I have to say I always feel bad for the CSBK AM superbike racers.... people have gone to watch the podium for pro sbk and after that is done the am sbk racers are pretty well riding a sinking ship, racing while the evacuation is going on.

I have to say I always feel bad for the CSBK AM superbike racers.... people have gone to watch the podium for pro sbk and after that is done the am sbk racers are pretty well riding a sinking ship, racing while the evacuation is going on.

I think the worst part is waiting till the end of the day to race am sbk especially if your not in the 600 race. Once your out there racing I could care less who’s watching cause I’m more into what I’m doing on track. Any racer worried about how many people are watching?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the worst part is waiting till the end of the day to race am sbk especially if your not in the 600 race. Once your out there racing I could care less who’s watching cause I’m more into what I’m doing on track. Any racer worried about how many people are watching?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 5+ hour break between morning practice and the AM SBK race kinda sucked.

Lots of racers are aware of and concerned with how many people are watching. It’s kinda supposed to be a spectator sport.

It would also be nice, if they did youtube coverage of the LWT grid in 2018.

That will be the most competitive and the biggest grid out there.

With bikes that will bring in more new riders.

Seeing what an R3 or Ninja 300/400 can do will be a great sales tool to young riders, and bring back the "race on sunday sell on monday" type of sales.

The way the schedule is set for CSBK has always been stupid putting Superbikes at the end, is the best idea. Allows for the Am riders to still show off their sponsors.

The time between races, while yes can be boring, is the same as any other racing event. What needs to happen are things for people to do between those races.

Mosport had all the test rides, which was great and brought a lot of people out. Shannonville used to have the Arcade many moons ago, as well as test rides, and if I recall a stunt show.

What really worked was when they ran 2 series together. When the CSBK guys also had the Karting guys racing on the same weekend, it brought more people out...so Kart spectators saw Superbikes, and visa versa.

With how small racing is in Canada, at a place like Shannonville that has a Motorcross track, and a flat track, run 2 national series at the same time. So you have a cross over. People will pay say $60 for the weekend, to see a national motorcross race, as well as some Superbikes.

Also, as I have stated over and over, go to local dealers and offer them to come and set up vending stalls for free, with the stipulation of promoting in their shops. Same goes for food...the Bunwhich is legendary and all, but open up the track for food trucks to come out. Their social media presents is huge, and free promotion is always great.

Last edited:
I know you were too busy to notice on your rookie year with all the rock & roll, woman and fame but Rookie is the last race of the day, used to freaking hate going in for my race when the entire paddock and spectators were packing it in, kind of like the AM superbike race at CSBK
I hate when you are right but you are right. I stand corrected on the last race of the day. The rookie thing is why I always tell rookies to race 2 classes minimum so they aren't sitting around all day doing nothing.

Still no big delays like CSBK has because there is no post-race tech inspection and no pro Podiums immediately following the races.

I hate when you are right but you are right. I stand corrected on the last race of the day. The rookie thing is why I always tell rookies to race 2 classes minimum so they aren't sitting around all day doing nothing.

Still no big delays like CSBK has because there is no post-race tech inspection and no pro Podiums immediately following the races.

Also roll out takes time.

Surprsingly its all all the be leading up to roll out that makes you want to puke. Once you’re on the grid you relax and just focus, nothing left to do but go.

With how small racing is in Canada, at a place like Shannonville that has a Motorcross track, and a flat track, run 2 national series at the same time. So you have a cross over. People will pay say $60 for the weekend, to see a national motorcross race, as well as some Superbikes.

I would be down for that as a spectator. More value the better.

Back
Top Bottom