2018 CSBK Predictions | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2018 CSBK Predictions

Sucks to hear so many pros won’t be doing a full season. It’s understandable tho as theres not a lot of money being thrown into the sport and as riders we are pretty much eating a lot of the costs. Not to mention trying to find a crew chief and pit help isn’t easy. Even offering guys really good money doesn’t seem to work cause they are able to make more money elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like tumbleweeds will be blowing around on the Pro grids

Any idea what guys from soar went pro for 2018?

The cost to be competitive with szoke is more than most of us have to spend. I would like to see a production class, where ecu can be switched from a protest. All stock no suspension upgrades. So at least we have an even playing field. This is not moto gp we don't have unlimited budgets.

The cost to be competitive with szoke is more than most of us have to spend. I would like to see a production class, where ecu can be switched from a protest. All stock no suspension upgrades. So at least we have an even playing field. This is not moto gp we don't have unlimited budgets.

We already have rules that restrict spending in the Sportbike and Superbike classes. Compare Jordan’s bikes to the MotoAmerica Superbikes and this becomes quite obvious.
Our Superbike rules are closer to MA Superstock rules.

Buy a S1000RR and then buy some suspension and basic track bike stuff and you’ve got a competitive bike in CSBK Pro Superbike.

It’s a pretty even playing field with all the restrictions that we have in csbk it comes down to budget, talent and the crew you have working for you witch comes back to budget and who’s available. There should be a spot on the forum where crews can advertise their availability and cost.

So $25,000ish. There once was production classes for 6 and 750. That is where most people raced until they were able to get support to go full superbike. Most never got a full ride but it brought a lot of people to watch friends race. That is why there was so many spectators. Will it work today I don't know.

So $25,000ish. There once was production classes for 6 and 750. That is where most people raced until they were able to get support to go full superbike. Most never got a full ride but it brought a lot of people to watch friends race. That is why there was so many spectators. Will it work today I don't know.

Then we had the SV Cup, now we have the lightweight production class.

There’s no money or support. Some of the manufacturers offer token contingency programs knowing they’ll only pay out 10% of their allotment.... if that.

There’s no fans because there are small grids because there is no money because there are no fans. I’ve given up figuring out how to fix it.

Last edited:
There is a lot of down time as well. If I watch from turn 5 mosport. I can't make it to the podium in time for awards. So why not do all that at the end of the day. Instead I sit and wait for the next race. There should be racing at all times, ambulance runs excepted. Far to much down time.

There is a lot of down time as well. If I watch from turn 5 mosport. I can't make it to the podium in time for awards. So why not do all that at the end of the day. Instead I sit and wait for the next race. There should be racing at all times, ambulance runs excepted. Far to much down time.

That's an interesting point I have never considered

+1

This is also important when the day has a limited amount of time. Why should the AM classes have to sit around and wait, only to have their session or qualifying cancelled due to delays. Do you really care to see Jordan get a giant cheque and another rockwell watch, or do you want to see bikes on track?

And on Sunday most people go home after pro super bike. In other race organizations (car/truck/bike) it all happens at the end of the day. The schedule makes no sense!

The last few seasons it’s almost a given that the SBK has been clinched.

As much I hate it, the bsb championship showdown seems to work well for the general public( that’s the ppl the show needs to try and attract). All or nothing on the final weekend so it actually means something.

The amount of downtime last year on Sunday afternoon was enough to see fans leaving in droves. Not doing any favors to the AM Superbike guys when there is no-one left watching. The big race needs to go last.

Back
Top Bottom