Sonic Cycle Salvage | GTAMotorcycle.com

Sonic Cycle Salvage

neosis

A long winded rant about Sonic Cycle Salvage located in London, Ont. After seeing one of their ads regarding a 2005 GSXR-600 posted on Kijiiji ( November 7, 2017 ). I talked with a lady on the phone regarding a complete front end which would include, Fork Tubes, Triples Trees, Brakes, Lines, Clip-ons, Brake Reservoir, electrical…every single piece less the wheel and tire.

The lady then proceeded to mention she had to speak with “HIM” for a quotation. Not long after the lady did get back to me with a quotation regarding the complete front end at $1000.00 CDN. At that time the lady asked for my Visa Card Information to HOLD the ITEM. After giving my Visa information we agreed that the follow Saturday would be good for pick-up.

Fast forward to November 17, 2017 l proceeded to call Sonic Cycle Salvage and confirm that the complete 2005 GSXR 600 front end would ready for pickup on Saturday. The same lady answered the phone polite enough, l mentioned her who l was and that l was indeed calling to confirm. The lady then replied that she did not remember taking the order, and was unsure of what l meant upon ordering the parts originally what a complete front end entailed.

The lady then called me back and said l could pick up the complete front end on Saturday which l was fine with though coming from Toronto and understanding the past few conversations l had requested if she could send a picture of the complete front end that we agreed upon to my email so l know that we are on the same page. The email never showed up as well Saturday l called Sonic Cycle Salvage back to no avail.

Fast forward to today ( November 23 2017 ). l called to see if the complete front end was finally organized and ready for me to pickup. This time an older man picked up the phone and proceeded to tell me that “its ready” and on Kijiji. I asked why would the complete front end be on Kijiji if l left my Visa Card Information to hold that specific front end. The man proceeded to tell me “if you want the parts, they are here…come and get them or some else will buy them!”.

At this time l was quite taken back with the unprofessional business practices and decided to look else where. I will NEVER RECOMMEND Sonic Cycle Salvage to anyone in the motorcycle community going forward and mention this story at the same time should it be warranted.

#bad #customer #service #motorcycle #shop #london #ontario #parts @soniccyclesalvage

I've got a buddy that might have everything you need, including the wheel.

He was going to do a front end swap on his sv.
Pm me and I'll send you his number.
-Matt

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Scratch that. He is going through with his front end swap.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

is this related to the kijiji ad
the one with slight damage?
lol

There's a lot of GSX-Rs out there, so maybe not. If it was then OP just dodged a heck of a bullet as that front end ain't worth $1000

Edit: Unlikely as OP says it included brakes... there's nothing worth calling brakes on that ad

Thankfully there was no hold on my CC. After doing a little more research it seem $1k is a little steep for that frontend. It's sad how the treat their customers or potential customers. Surely with more time l will find a frontend for my project.

@matt365 is your buddy does have the same frontend l seek and does not require it for his build, do PM me.

Cheers

Thankfully there was no hold on my CC. After doing a little more research it seem $1k is a little steep for that frontend. It's sad how the treat their customers or potential customers. Surely with more time l will find a frontend for my project.

@matt365 is your buddy does have the same frontend l seek and does not require it for his build, do PM me.

Cheers

dealt with them once before. beyond terrible customer service. Its like they WANT to lose customers. I won't waste my time with them anymore.

I called them last year regarding a bandit parts bike they had. I wanted the engine crash bars and the seat. I was given a quote of $40 for the bars and $100 for the seat. Seemed fine until I was told that there would be a fee of $30 to remove the bars, and $30 to remove the seat.
I know that mechanics don't work for free but $30 to turn a key and pop the seat off? I told him I could maybe understand the fee for the bars as someone actually had to grab a ratchet and undo a few bolts but $30 for the "seat removal"? Bite me.
It's been more than a year and his bandit is still advertised occasionally, still has its crash bars and seat. Greed got him $0.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

There's a lot of GSX-Rs out there, so maybe not. If it was then OP just dodged a heck of a bullet as that front end ain't worth $1000

Edit: Unlikely as OP says it included brakes... there's nothing worth calling brakes on that ad

yeah was just wondering, as that ad is ridiculous, slight damage
next day there is this thread complaining about them
the ad looked fake

Back
Top Bottom