TCX R-S2 Evo Boots - how good? | GTAMotorcycle.com

TCX R-S2 Evo Boots - how good?

smudger

Does anyone have any experience with these boots, quality, safety, how do they fit small or big (I currently wear Icon Overlord, size 12/47)?
Currently on sale at Sportbike Track Gear & I need new boots.
I was going to wait for the Supershow in January as I'm also in the market for a new helmet but this seems like a great sale price:

https://www.sportbiketrackgear.com/tcx-r-s2-evo-boots/

Thanks.

A good price for sure, with shipping ($50US to Guelph according to STG website) & at current exchange rates it puts them at $317.00Cdn delivered to my door.

I don't own them, but I've tried them on. Sizing was consistent with other brands, and quality was very good. Give speedworxsuperbike in Markham a call, they can probably beat that price on them.

For that price, grab em! My only complaint with them was lack of ventilation. I was going to drill them out but never got around to it. I can’t comment on safety because I didn’t really crash in them. They offer good grip on the pegs but wear a bit quicker than my a* supertech r’s did.

My race boots are RS2 Evo.... love em! I've had a few offs in them never a foot/ankle injury... actually have a skid mark from my own back tire up the front on one and never even felt it! My only complaint is that I found the toe box a little tight vertically but they broke in and have fit well since. I also removed the insole for extra space up front and weight savings!!!

I would steer away from anything with Laces - I have had them and they are a pain in the ***. Sure you are just pulling them but still.

I have them. Great for protection. I've crashed in them about a dozen times and no foot injuries thankfully. I don't have much to compare them to in my experience but I'd buy them again.

The only thing I found is they took a long time for me to break them in and get used to flicking my foot for shifting. They're pretty stiff.

Metal toe guard works well too. I've had my foot in a bad position a handful of times and scrapped my toe with no issues.

Thanks guys, I've just ordered a pair, they look like good quality boots at a good price reading everything on here & elsewhere on the web.

Back
Top Bottom