Black Friday deals .... | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Black Friday deals ....

if number of pixels and clarity are the only things a buyer cares about
then it could be a true statement that a 4K TV is better than any 1080 set

but there are other things to consider within a given budget that could make 1080 a better buy

[video=youtube;ggiU5KQsB3I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggiU5KQsB3I[/video]

one hopes you can see the difference on whatever you are using.....it's rather obvious on a Retina screen. You should be able to see the difference just on the splash screen in the video above.

There is no justification to buy a 1080p at this tech point in time. In addition 4k upscales 1080p content rather nicely.

That's pretty good!! I was in Walmart today and they had hundreds of them but no price marked. I did the price check machine thing and it showed $109 and change.

If you need one, I also read that it is expected to be the biggest mover for Black Friday, so get there early.

So you can't buy and ask for the difference from the sale price back later? Or return it on BF and then buy the one you returned? lol

We're forgetting one very important factor of 1080p vs 4k, seating distance. You won't be able to see a lick of it depending on how close/far you sit.

That being said MD has a point, prices have fallen so much on 4k TVs that you can snipe 65" 4ks from Costco with 5 year warrantys for $850.

Last edited:
[video=youtube;ggiU5KQsB3I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggiU5KQsB3I[/video]

one hopes you can see the difference on whatever you are using.....it's rather obvious on a Retina screen. You should be able to see the difference just on the splash screen in the video above.

There is no justification to buy a 1080p at this tech point in time. In addition 4k upscales 1080p content rather nicely.

not gonna bother arguing with you, refresh rate matters to me, if you not so much then you're right

Last edited:
Fell asleep before midnight. Sold out this morning.

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

[video=youtube;WR7szKxMSfc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WR7szKxMSfc[/video]

More and more people watch nearfield on various HiDef Devices...the best thing with 4k ......you can...1080p fuzzes out.

I have a 4K laptop screen and while it's very nice and all it's not mind blowing and I'll just be upgrading to a larger 1080p TV screen if I need to unless the 4K screens get ridiculously cheap. I don't sit close enough to the screen to count pixels and that's where it really matters. From several feet away you're not really going to tell the difference and the further away you get the less difference there is. Heck, most streams I watch right now are 720p and they look great.

you have a laptop screen that is 38xx pixels across???
Can I ask what that might be???

The 4k are ridiculous and I can guarantee you can easily tell the difference. 720p and 1080p look okay ....until put next to a 4k feed.

1440p and 4k a bit closer but I'm looking at both and it's easy on a good feed....to see the difference.

If you truly have a 4k laptop then the difference in this clip should be glaring.

[video=youtube;WR7szKxMSfc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WR7szKxMSfc[/video]

Oops sorry...no....surface pro 3 screen. Not 4K then so whatever that is, high enough such that some projectors at work down scale the feed. Regardless. I have zero 4K feeds for any TV in the house anyway so it would be an absolute waste. When 1080p TVs came out I grabbed one and honestly the difference between an HD feed (as I had them at the time) on it and a 720p TV was negligible from a distance and certainly not worth the increased cost. I've cut the cord for years now and won't go back to paying through the nose for cable or satellite just to get the occasional HD feed. Similarly I don't really get the hype over certain phone screens etc. My S8 supposedly has one of the best resolution screens in the business but it's mostly hype. There's just not a huge difference from what I've had before.

For certain use cases it's worth ponying up more (eg. I want a 4K 40-43" TV to use a a secondary monitor and TCL's are not the best in that application). For anyone else looking for something similar, Sony KDX720E seems to be the winner but it is MSRP everywhere, I haven't seen any stores touch it for black friday. The TCL S405 seems amazing for the price, but when I am looking at something hours a day, price matters less.

43X720E is 648 almost everywhere ($50 off) meh but I pulled the trigger because it will help me get work done faster. Just in case anyone is interested, Costco in store pricing on TV's now seem to be identical to web pricing (typically costco.ca has higher prices so they can give you free shipping). Don't buy a TV from the front of the pile, move a few first. I saw 3 tv's fall flat on their face (one from the second tier) and get put back in the pile.

43X720E is 648 almost everywhere ($50 off)

Nothing wrong with this

http://www.sony.ca/en/electronics/televisions/x700e-series

10754309.jpg

The 49" is $799 ...that's up there a bit .

••••

JC I suspect you have a 4k camera :D - they are nearly all 4000 across now. just sayin'

Last edited:
Reading this thread just makes me realize how out of touch I am with TV technology. I bought my last TV almost 10 years ago. Maybe its me but I think TV technology lasts such a long time! I don't feel the need to upgrade yet. I bought a top of the line TV in 08 and I think it's been holding up. What is the best tv on the market now?

What is the best tv on the market now?

OLED ...the caution is ...don't spend significant $ on LED which is being overtaken by OLED.
Don't IMNSHO spend on anything that is not 4k.

If you don't NEED a TV - wait.

Watch everything on my PC now.

Yep and that's where the 4k 40-55" are terrific - they double as computer monitors and TV's often for cheaper than a 4k computer monitor.

The 4k streaming sources are still maturing but there is enough out there now and everything is being shot in 4 or 5k ...even 8k.

TV's languished at 1080p for a long while and 3D was a flop.
4k+ OLED = a whole new visual experience unlike anything else.

They are now creeping below $2k for OLED ...still room to drop.

The lower end of LED has gotten amazing for the money and a twofer if you can run it as a 4k computer monitor as well.

Back
Top Bottom