Military Theme Motorcycles | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Military Theme Motorcycles

Has somebody made the Terminator motorcycle robot yet?

That Yamaha robot test rider is pretty close, no?

this one?
42e09b6019f1ba62a0e3d294e3cd7e88.jpg

When I was building an old CB750 I wanted to do a RCAF colour scheme and opted out as I haven't served and the bike was Japanese. Seemed like some kind of stolen valour to complete it so I ended up building it out as a brat bike instead.

Interestingly, I sold it to a guy who loved the look of the bike but had no licence, I included all the old parts I removed and he sent me a picture of it with most of the stuff reinstalled.... seems like we could have both saved time and money by flipping him the original bike ;)

so what, you have to have served to paint your bike? And what does japanese have anything to do with it? Last time I checked, there aren't any canadian motorcycle manufac. So technically you can't have a military themed bike unless your murican'

I have a lot of respect for people who serve, I personally didn't feel comfortable painting a bike after thinking about it in military colours. Anyone else can do what they want, it's not my business. I also didn't think painting a Japanese bike in Canadian military was appropriate but as you point out, Canada isn't manufacturing so if I did, I would have to compromise. I am British but living in Canada so I'm sure I would have many options of bike I could use, I wouldn't have to be Murican, turns out there's more than two Countries on this spinning ball on which we live.

so what, you have to have served to paint your bike? And what does japanese have anything to do with it? Last time I checked, there aren't any canadian motorcycle manufac. So technically you can't have a military themed bike unless your murican'

Can understand the reasoning, but the last few examples were Japanese bikes with Allied inspired paint schemes, so would say it doesn't matter. I war, enemy equipment was captured and used by each side.

CVMG National Rally in Paris in June hasmilitary bikes as the theme. Will be interesting to see something other than a HD or Indian.

There's a book by Max Burns called 'The Winged Wheel Patch' which outlines the history of Canadian military motorcycles.
It's available on (where else?) Amazon.

I can see how some veterans may have an issue with Canadian military insignia
applied to a vehicle made in an Axis country.

But they would be in the minority I believe.

Back
Top Bottom