Race / Track bike winter "To-Do" list | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Race / Track bike winter "To-Do" list

#1 zx6
- dyno run to test and compare to see which bike is #1 done last week

Since actual numbers may be a closely guarded secret, what percentage difference in hp exists between the bikes? I am assuming it's a small percentage in which case area under the curve may make more sense than peak hp to find the fastest bike?

ZX6R 2013
- engine out to get head and cams done
- Woolich racing package
- brand new Ohlins front and rear
- titanium bolts almost everywhere on the bike to lighten it up
- new GP braided lines
- Brembo adjuster for the left handle bar
- SS DC brake pads
- brake lever protector (made tight fitted sleeves in the handle bar to make it fit better)
- fork slider protectors (made tight fitted sleeves in the axle to make it easier for Amber lol)
- rear rain light
- working on new sponsor for wrapping bike
- if time permits, might pull out all the wheel bearings and put new ones

- AND THE MOST IMPORTANT... ME !!! Working out to loose weight, to be able to keep up with those two skinny front runners loll and for the endurance, which usually isn't really an issue with me.

Will surely be more, just don't know yet what else I'll have time for.

Last edited:
ZX6R 2013
- engine out to get head and cams done
- Woolich racing package
- brand new Ohlins front and rear
- titanium bolts almost everywhere on the bike to lighten it up
- new GP braided lines
- Brembo adjuster for the left handle bar
- SS DC brake pads
- brake lever protector (made tight fitted sleeves in the handle bar to make it fit better)
- fork slider protectors (made tight fitted sleeves in the axle to make it easier for Amber lol)
- rear rain light
- working on new sponsor for raping bike
- if time permits, might pull out all the wheel bearings and put new ones

- AND THE MOST IMPORTANT... ME !!! Working out to loose weight, to be able to keep up with those two skinny front runners loll and for the endurance, which usually isn't really an issue with me.

Will surely be more, just don't know yet what else I'll have time for.

I presume you mean wrapping not raping the bike. :p

Since actual numbers may be a closely guarded secret, what percentage difference in hp exists between the bikes? I am assuming it's a small percentage in which case area under the curve may make more sense than peak hp to find the fastest bike?

1 bike would be compliant with CSBK AM600 while the other would not.

Mainly looking at the surface area as you say since peak is not always important.

I am used to proof reading ZX600's broken English/Spanish. I knew what you meant !
Lol if you are proof reading my stuff then you are doing a bad job

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

1 bike would be compliant with CSBK AM600 while the other would not.

Mainly looking at the surface area as you say since peak is not always important.

But... the csbk dyno is 6 or 7 low for 600's so depending on your number you may be good

Looks like the R3 racebike is going on the shelf for 2018.

Only doing the SV this year.

Lots of body work repair required.

But... the csbk dyno is 6 or 7 low for 600's so depending on your number you may be good

I have the data for 2017 bike on RC and CSBK dynos.

I have the data for the 2018 bike on the RC dyno.

So I can compare.

My Winter List.
Sell the 2001 GSXR600
Sell one more of the R6's
Finish the rebuild on the 2006 R6 so that it can be raced in lost Era and Pro600
Find a cheap rear shock for the 2001 VFR

Update Suzy the 2001 GSXR has been sold.

Still have one or two R6's available for sale. Track ready but Stock Suspension.

Last edited:
Two brake related questions:

1. Since I have purchased a Brembo 19RCS for the upcoming season, I have been told to also look into going to monoblock front calipers(from an 04-06 R1) to replace the 2 piece Tokikos on my 05 GSX600. The cost isn't too bad and I can definitely see an advantage in brake feel but do you guys think its really worth it? I got a good set of Vesrah pads on my bike right now and a brand new spare set which I can't use if I switch.

2. What pads are you guys using? Vesrah seems to be a popular brand for track/race guys but thinking there are others that are similar and maybe even better. Coming from the car world, I understand how personal preference plays a big role and therefore is not so cut and dry.

Two brake related questions:

1. Since I have purchased a Brembo 19RCS for the upcoming season, I have been told to also look into going to monoblock front calipers(from an 04-06 R1) to replace the 2 piece Tokikos on my 05 GSX600. The cost isn't too bad and I can definitely see an advantage in brake feel but do you guys think its really worth it? I got a good set of Vesrah pads on my bike right now and a brand new spare set which I can't use if I switch.

2. What pads are you guys using? Vesrah seems to be a popular brand for track/race guys but thinking there are others that are similar and maybe even better. Coming from the car world, I understand how personal preference plays a big role and therefore is not so cut and dry.
The calipers are a common upgrade, but its not going to be a night and day difference. They will give better feel and less brake fade over race distance as the two-piece stock calipers can flex more when they get hot. I swapped mine for Tokico Monoblocks off the newer GSX-R1000 which are nice because you can re-use the same pads.

Vesrah is popular and one of the highest regarded brands. I used them and they worked well. I switched to Ferodo XRAC because they were cheaper and liked them a bit more as they had less initial bite which was causing me to lift the rear a lot with the Vesrah's. Also used EBC HH Extreme later in the year and they worked perfectly fine. A lot of personal preference and what kind of feel/feedback you like. There are other well liked brands like the Brembo Z04, and Carbone Lorraine.

Last edited:
The calipers are a common upgrade, but its not going to be a night and day difference. They will give better feel and less brake fade over race distance as the two-piece stock calipers can flex more when they get hot. I swapped mine for Tokico Monoblocks off the newer GSX-R1000 which are nice because you can re-use the same pads.

Vesrah is popular and one of the highest regarded brands. I used them and they worked well. I switched to Ferodo XRAC because they were cheaper and liked them a bit more as they had less initial bite which was causing me to lift the rear a lot with the Vesrah's. Also used EBC HH Extreme later in the year and they worked perfectly fine. A lot of personal preference and what kind of feel/feedback you like. There are other well liked brands like the Brembo Z04, and Carbone Lorraine.

Thank you!

I've experienced the same issue, re: rear end lifting, and it's made for some butt clinching moments. Although it did not happen all the time, I just assumed it was due to my inexperience(and it still partly is), but I have read the same thing about others who used Vesrah pads. Apparently the SRJL XX version has less initial bite so I may just try those instead, and in that case I might as well go with the monoblocks since I will be buying new pads anyways.:toothy10:

Can you recommend specific compounds for the others you mentioned? Similar or comparable to the Vesrah SRJL XX's that is. Main focus for me is getting in as many laps as a session will allow so resistance to fade is most important.

Edit: Here is some footage of one of the bigger "moments" https://www.instagram.com/p/BaAnXJQhoGL/?taken-by=cwhitey77
:lmao:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom