posted bike up for sale, hows will insurance work if i sold it before my renewal? | GTAMotorcycle.com

posted bike up for sale, hows will insurance work if i sold it before my renewal?

gchouu

Hey guys hows it going? I have just posted my bike up for sale on kijiji, my premium doesn't renew until beginning of May 2018. Now i've read somewhere on this forum about suspending the insurance but if i were to insure a new bike in the future my premium would be the same.

If someone can tell me how to go about this, it'd be great. Thanks in advance for helping :)

depends on how you pay
lump sum, over 7 months or 12 months
best to contact your broker for details
all you're gonna get here is guesses

Your insurance between now and april is probably <$100.

I haven't head of suspending motorcycle insurance. IIRC there is a time that has to pass before insurance considers it non-continuous (eg. if you don't have insurance for a few weeks that doesn't matter, if you don't have it for a few years that matters). I do not recall what the cutoff time is to consider insurance non-continuous.

Last edited:
your monthly payments are probably still paying for your summer months. Might save a month worth of payment. As stated check with your broker about it all.

Back
Top Bottom