Test ride/insurance | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Test ride/insurance

Barrie Honda has a few demo bikes every season, all season. Call ahead to book a time. It's a good test as the salesman comes with on another bike. Usually a fun run through the backroads on the edge of town.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Barrie Honda has a few demo bikes every season, all season. Call ahead to book a time. It's a good test as the salesman comes with on another bike. Usually a fun run through the backroads on the edge of town.

I hate that ****, they come along to baby sit you

FWIW, Rob Davidson at KW Honda in Waterloo allowed me to do some test rides with an M2. They've got a nice looking Triumph Tiger shown in their used inventory that might be worth looking at. Already got a top-box though I think you'd have to purchase the pannier's separately.

https://www.kwhonda.com/2014-triumph-tiger-800-abs-inventory.htm?id=2100152&in-stock=1

If you're a more, uh, "mature" looking individual you may be able to seek a ride. Time for test rides is winding up though with the WX...

nice bike and a good deal
based on OP's list of requirements that should be ideal for him
figure that would handle long days 2 up a bit better than a Wee

I hate that ****, they come along to baby sit you
Yeah but honestly what do you expect? At least at Barrie Honda the salesman will lead you out of town to get a better feel for it. They also don't have any issues with you "opening it up a little".

Yeah but honestly what do you expect? At least at Barrie Honda the salesman will lead you out of town to get a better feel for it. They also don't have any issues with you "opening it up a little".

I suppose its better than nothing, however I have been spoiled somewhat by dealers who just throw me the keys, dont come to babysit me, and when I come back, dont even try to pressure for a sale (but im guessing this is the exception rather than the rule)

On the flip side this usually means I come back to them to purchase gear/bikes

As you narrow down the style of bike you want, you can ask an insurance broker to quote you on a few you are considering.

I’d test ride with your partner. First on your own and then come back and go 2up.

If you are just narrowing it down from a couple of choices, contact some dealers and explain your interest and many will allow you to demo outside of the scheduled demo days.

Personally, I already knew what I was looking for and bought used. And insurance was already quoted before committing to buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the response.. i kinda narrowed my choice of bikes, depending on the cost of insurance. If the cost of above 750cc bikes is too high, then my options would be vstrom 650, nc750x, ctx700 or vulcan 650..But if the difference in cost of insurance from 750-1000cc is just around 300/yr, then i will strongly consider the africa twin, vstrom 1k, triumph xc and indian scout 60.

in my experience the difference between over and under 750 is large $$

The difference for ME between my vstrom 1000 and my versys 650 was about $150 per year. Ymmv.

Back
Top Bottom