Fork Bushings | GTAMotorcycle.com

Fork Bushings

Clem

I'm rebuilding an old set of 36mm KYB forks.

They were originally off a Kawasaki, however they came from a time when you could only buy the inner bushings as part of the the fork tube so its no longer available. Outer bushings are still available

The nominal size of the bushes are 37mm x 20mm x 1.5mm. Any idea if you could get these from a bearing shop?

Thanks in Advance

Last edited:
SKF might be able to assist if you must source them by dimension spec only.

how worn are the bushings? You may be able to use some shim stock to take up any excessive play if the bushings aren't too badly worn? EDIT - not voodoo or redneck, racers shim the bushings for perfect minimal clearance/play. This would be done with the used bushings as they are already bedded in. result was minimal play and better than stock. Shim stock is available to thousands of an inch..

EDIT - I would follow through with racetech again ...maybe the error in part numbers can be addressed?

Last edited:
Fork bushings are also parts where you can get away with some stuff.

If you can find one with the same thickness and outside diameter but longer, you can shorten it. (Best choice)
For the one that goes into the outer fork leg - If you can find one with the same thickness and a millimeter or two bigger outside diameter, you can open up the slot so that they can be squeezed down to the correct diameter.
For the one that goes over the inner fork leg - If you can find one with the same thickness and a millimeter smaller outside diameter, it'll work ... the extra gap won't matter much.
If you can find two with the same thickness and outside diameter but shorter, you can stack them up and if necessary cut one of them shorter to fit.

Thanks guys. I never thought of stacking them. I can get 37x12x1.5
Any update on the parts? We will taking a look at buddy's 36mm kyb fork right after we finished the installation of new tires and keystone wheels plus the brake job on his truck project. Hope the bushings aren't worn enough. He said the bike has been sitting most of it's life. We'll see.

Back
Top Bottom