License plate holder | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

License plate holder

If you still need help with the fz09 let me know, my plates are in stock position and we can see what's missing.

Also mine does not have the reflectors on the back.

Let me know if you got my message

if there is enough room and the spacing is correct why not just drill 2 new holes and be done with it, add a washer behind the plastic and in front to make it a bit more ridged and call it a day

see example here

c1rVDrM.jpg

or go to HomeDepot, Canadian Tire etc, get a piece of flat bar aluminum, drill 4 holes 2 that match your existing spacing on the fender, and 2 that match the spacing on your plate, bolt flat bar to fender, then bolt plate to flat bar, your done.....

6m7kD9H.jpg

Last edited:
If all else fails, that is probably what i will end up doing, i checked behind there is nothing that can potentially get damaged from minor/careful drilling

and it seems to be the simplest, quickest and more efficient method of getting it done

if getting the missing part is not viable
and if it were me and I had to make some new holes
I'd be drilling the steel license plate
rather than a plastic piece of the bike

Tbh the level of incompetency was so high with the dealership, I just wanted to get the bike delivered and under my roof asap

Soon after they dropped it off, it was insured and plated(although technically the plates still have to be put on it)

Let me know if you got my message

Got it

Id rather drill a small hole in the plate than the plastic part of the bike, as you can always get another plate...

And id rather the plate is visible...(as opposed to a small hole that no one will ever see)

look at my previous reply, just get some flat aluminum bar, drill 4 holes as required and your good to go, no drilling of the plate or your fender....

Or go back to the dealer and get the parts they forgot to put on ? Its not that hard....

If memory serves me you are not allowed to make any modifications to plates......

yeah, you appear to be correct GK

[h=4]Violations as to number plates[/h]12 (1) Every person who,
(a) defaces or alters any number plate, evidence of validation or permit;
(b) uses or permits the use of a defaced or altered number plate, evidence of validation or permit;
(c) without the authority of the permit holder, removes a number plate from a motor vehicle or trailer;
(d) uses or permits the use of a number plate upon a vehicle other than a number plate authorized for use on that vehicle;
(e) uses or permits the use of evidence of validation upon a number plate displayed on a motor vehicle other than evidence of validation furnished by the Ministry in respect of that motor vehicle; or
(f) uses or permits the use of a number plate or evidence of validation other than in accordance with this Act and the regulations,
is guilty of an offence and on conviction is liable to a fine of not less than $100 and not more than $1,000 or to imprisonment for not more than thirty days, or to both, and in addition the person’s licence or permit may be suspended for not more than six months. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 12 (1).

Problem is the plate doesn't really fit on it, the holes on the fender dont match as they are too narrow for the plate....

Only way I can see possibly getting the plate on the bike is by drilling small holes on the plate(not ideal)

From what I've seen most people put their plates on the fender as is, and have no need for a bracket or anything...

But as with everything else, ontario/canada is special and the plates are either sized weird or the holes are in the wrong place

On the previous bike I had a little backplate holder or bracket so it wasn't an issue(should have remembered to take it off)

It is a new bike, and i'd like to go to the dealer, but TBH they're a huge PITA to deal with.
If I can solve this by myself, id like to be able to

Update: Apparently there is space provided for this next to the 2 holes where you can drill so the plate fits nicely, and a lot of owners do this(I'm assuming dealers who put plates on do this as well)

Or go back to the dealer and get the parts they forgot to put on ? Its not that hard....

OP would rather not deal with them.....if at all possible

so simple alternatives were suggested.

The dealer owes him to make it right - one phone call is all it takes.

OP - you paid them a lot of money, its a handful of parts (bracket, reflectors, hardware) - make the call....

+1 Brand new bike from a dealer....they should mail out the missing part.

Worst case, drill a couple of small holes in the plastic and put a washer behind.

Was the dealer named?

Last edited:
I'd like to know the dealer as well.

I never liked the license plate mount on the '17

You can swap in the 2016 axle and blocks, and put a regular style under tail license bracket.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

I don't think hes missing anything based on the info we shared, going to pull my plate off later tonight and see whats what.

+1 Brand new bike from a dealer....they should mail out the missing part.

Worst case, drill a couple of small holes in the plastic and put a washer behind.

Was the dealer named?

I'd like to know the dealer as well.

I never liked the license plate mount on the '17

You can swap in the 2016 axle and blocks, and put a regular style under tail license bracket.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Snow city

Back
Top Bottom