KTM 790 Adventure R | GTAMotorcycle.com

KTM 790 Adventure R

Overall it looks like a pretty sweet machine but I'm not sold on the headlight/windscreen styling.

Not bad, but I was hoping for something a little more 690 enduro with a 790 twin. Like SVeezy, I'm not a fan of the headlight, and I don't care for the body work hiding the engine. But, if they build it then I'm sure the aftermarket will take care of these things.
The more I look at it the better it gets.

Nice bike, just don't have a use for it. It will be 20K OTD in Ontario, pretty sure .... I just saw some dealer selling Husky 701 Adventure trim for 17K !!!! Crazy.

I like it!
Since the 1090R is about $15.5k wouldn't this be $2-3k below that?
In any event it's nice to have new bikes to drool over.

Nice bike, just don't have a use for it. It will be 20K OTD in Ontario, pretty sure .... I just saw some dealer selling Husky 701 Adventure trim for 17K !!!! Crazy.

That's the rally setup at DSP? That fairing and nav tower is a very pretty penny on it's own...
...but yes the prices of performance ADV machines are on the up and up...

Cool looking Katoom... I'd just hate to see what a rock picked up a leading bike on a gravel road would do to those Tron lights...

Yep the one at DSP. OK, the nav tower might be skewing things, but still .. .we are talking 690cc single .... it's nuts where the prices are going.

I like it!
Since the 1090R is about $15.5k wouldn't this be $2-3k below that?
In any event it's nice to have new bikes to drool over.

It's 15.5ish + tax and licensing fee ... and that model has been around for a while. 690 Enduro goes for 12K + tax ... so I am not sure where they want to squeeze the 790 in, but clearly it cannot be cheaper than 690, especially when it is brand new model with a new engine ... if you ask me, they should really drop the price of 690, because it's just too much, but I guess that could be said about all KTM dirt bikes ... LOL

Now how does one justify $30k for a 450 factory rally... :)

We digress... ...on the topic, the price is getting BMW high...like buying a land yacht. I never understand why anyone would buy an ADV bike new from dealer.

I don't think you are alone in this thinking .. .I don't even understand how weekend warriors buy any new European dirt bike brand new these days .... all + 10K. In my case I can do 35-50hrs a year .... feels like waste ... :-(

Back
Top Bottom