Wsbk 2018 | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Wsbk 2018

looks like honda has done well with the bike in the off season much improved.... looks like melandri has the front set too steep to get it to turn ... but i am not in the pit box i don't know how they have it set but its losing him time down the straights I M O and its the only duke that's doing it so i think its just melandri`s setup choice been that way for 4 races just my opinion
cheers
chdr

Anyone have a torrent for Round 2 yet?

I've been checking katcr and have not seen a link to any of the Thailand WSBK. If anyone has a link to the download please send it to me.
Much appreciated.

looks like honda has done well with the bike in the off season much improved.... looks like melandri has the front set too steep to get it to turn ... but i am not in the pit box i don't know how they have it set but its losing him time down the straights I M O and its the only duke that's doing it so i think its just melandri`s setup choice been that way for 4 races just my opinion
cheers
chdr
Too steep means it turns very aggressively but he is losing straight line stability as a consequence.

Too steep means it turns very aggressively but he is losing straight line stability as a consequence.

If it was something as simple as that I’m sure it would have been fixed.

Either it’s something else.... or they can’t change the rake angle to fix it without creating other problems.

Melandri’s Ducati is so unstable in the straights.... they really need to get that sorted for him to be a championship contender.

i think its just melandri`s setup choice been that way for 4 races just my opinion

Why is everyone saying it is a new thing this year? Melandri had the same headshake problems for most of last year as well. Whatever his reasons for setting the bike up this way it sure is a handful down the straights.

Anyone have a torrent for Round 2 yet?

I've been checking katcr and have not seen a link to any of the Thailand WSBK. If anyone has a link to the download please send it to me.
Much appreciated.

I found it on dailymotion.com

Mark

If it was something as simple as that I’m sure it would have been fixed.

Either it’s something else.... or they can’t change the rake angle to fix it without creating other problems.

Why is everyone saying it is a new thing this year? Melandri had the same headshake problems for most of last year as well. Whatever his reasons for setting the bike up this way it sure is a handful down the straights.

Mark

i think it might be a legacy of his time in motoGP been use to the way a full prototype chassis handles and turns and him been a small bloke (he is jockey sized/ could get a 2nd job on a charm bracelet) and the production chassis been a more slower turning chassis for the public use / mere mortals like us there is only so much you can do until you cross a line and and you get a unstable bike i think its a compromise and he feels he needs it to get the lap time ..... it could be a weight bias thing too and the rear is spinning .... only his team and he knows the truth .... and i am only a monday morning quarterback looking from the outside .. it could be a few things making the bike like this I M O .... also the rules of wsbk you can not change the chassi / steering head angle.. only by concentric adjusters in the steering head and you can not use different triple clamps either from stock (i think) he might be prepared for it to shake on longer straights and faster tracks for the benefits on tighter/slower tracks... racing at top level has a lots of compromises at this level in production bikes/cars and the rules don't help ... he has a big set of love spuds on him to ride it like that ....:thumbup:...respect
cheers
chdr

Last edited:
sorry badk4life but john asked us not to post any links to copyrighted material the site is not happy about it ... so can you fix your post please sorry mate
pm sent as well
cheers
chdr

Last edited:
Yup i see it. Are the races usually posted there?

I don't know, it was the first time I have looked there for roadracing. I have been watching all the AMA Supercross races from there, though. There are a few users posting them up as soon as they are on TV and you can watch each heat race and main maybe an hour or two after they happen live.

Oh and I give all credit to mmattockx aka Mark. He found them first :cool:

I was pointed there in a PM, it wasn't really my discovery.

sorry badk4life but john asked us not to post any links to copyrighted material the site is not happy about it ...

This is why I only posted the site and nothing more. If that needs to go as well can someone let me know.

Mark

Got an update to the capture software, bit hit and miss, not working well for live. Files are up in the WSBK folder, not torrents until I watch them to see if there's too many audio skips.

Link please?

Back
Top Bottom