Wsbk 2018 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Wsbk 2018

So... time to take a look ahead at the new season. Here's my two cents on the potential of Ducati's V2 with the V4 on the horizon:

[video=youtube_share;4Z9cUxq6qL8]https://youtu.be/4Z9cUxq6qL8[/video]

Last edited:
Wait, Kawi has a special rule against them only? Talk about tailoring the rules.....
All teams are now limited to a maximum RPM limit. However, because Kawasaki has been dominant they have a lower max RPM than the other 4cyl bikes. The concession points system also affects all teams but in essence will only effect the teams doing well, and force them to lower the performance of their bike even more to make it even.

Giant load of bollocks if you ask me.

WSBK Initial rev-limit
BrandProposed
Aprilia14700
BMW14700
Ducati12400
Honda14300
Kawasaki14100
MV Agusta14700
Suzuki14700
Yamaha14700
Factory teams also HAVE TO sell any factory components that satellite/privateer teams want to buy.

Factory teams also HAVE TO sell any factory components that satellite/privateer teams want to buy.

Performance/RPM thing is a bit dumb. It's not a spec class and restrictions are already in place.

I see nothing wrong with making component available though.

All teams are now limited to a maximum RPM limit. However, because Kawasaki has been dominant they have a lower max RPM than the other 4cyl bikes. The concession points system also affects all teams but in essence will only effect the teams doing well, and force them to lower the performance of their bike even more to make it even.

Giant load of bollocks if you ask me.

WSBK Initial rev-limit
BrandProposed
Aprilia14700
BMW14700
Ducati12400
Honda14300
Kawasaki14100
MV Agusta14700
Suzuki14700
Yamaha14700

Thats gonna suck for Sykes, I doubt Rea is even going to notice tho lol

I am ok with this. As a matter of fact, I would implement CRT rules where any team can buy any other team's bike for a set price.

As for other concession type rules, I am truthfully not strong at understanding WSBK rules, but surely there must be a better concession set of rules that's not rev limiting.

I am ok with this. As a matter of fact, I would implement CRT rules where any team can buy any other team's bike for a set price.

As for other concession type rules, I am truthfully not strong at understanding WSBK rules, but surely there must be a better concession set of rules that's not rev limiting.

When the sbk class first came to be, the alterations and modifications to the bikes were very limited; and read more like the SS rules of today.
It allowed privateers to have competitive bikes with a limited budget. Many won't like this, but I think sbk should move back towards this ideology; but this is probably not popular with tecno junkies. I recall someone from wsbk (don't recall who?) stating that the sbk rules needed to be steered towards that of SS to reduce sky rocketing costs. I agree. Putting restrictions on teams like kawasaki to even the field makes no sense from a R&D point of view - what is the point of spending huge dollars doing R&D only to have to make the parts available to the other teams? Or even more ridiculous, to be handed handicaps such as rev limits? WSBK needs to get back to the roots of sbk racing ...

Leading edge R&D is best left to moto gp - where it belongs. Not on showroom stock street bikes...

Last edited:
When the sbk class first came to be, the alterations and modifications to the bikes were very limited; and read more like the SS rules of today.
It allowed privateers to have competitive bikes with a limited budget. Many won't like this, but I think sbk should move back towards this ideology; but this is probably not popular with tecno junkies. I recall someone from wsbk (don't recall who?) stating that the sbk rules needed to be steered towards that of SS to reduce sky rocketing costs. I agree. Putting restrictions on teams like kawasaki to even the field makes no sense from a R&D point of view - what is the point of spending huge dollars doing R&D only to have to make the parts available to the other teams? Or even more ridiculous, to be handed handicaps such as rev limits? WSBK needs to get back to the roots of sbk racing ...

Leading edge R&D is best left to moto gp - where it belongs. Not on showroom stock street bikes...

Wouldn't then a CRT rule base solve both problems? If the manufacturer wants to blow their brains out on R&D, they can, but then they have to sell their bike on demand for a set price. Keeps costs low for privateers, and allows for R&D.

I realize this is not a utopian solution, but I think it's got merit worth exploring.

I don't like the big-fish little pond scenario that keeps happening in WSBK.

Claiming Rules never work. Back in the AMA days a privateer used claiming rules to buy Matt Mladin's forks for something like $5K when they were really worth $40K+ and the yosh team gouged the stanchions and stripped every bolt/nut/thread in them before handing them over.

No sensible team would have the balls to claim a factory bike. CRT is a great idea on paper but it's also a great way to get blackballed out of the sport by the powers that be in the real world.

JR still fastest in testing, i guess they are going to have pull a plug on that Kawi to make the field more competitive.

Back
Top Bottom