MotoGP 2018 | Page 57 | GTAMotorcycle.com

MotoGP 2018

Yikes!

stitches_twitter.png

Jesus, its was a break, right? I'm guessing they screwed them in place and they opened him up in the process? I mean he might lose a title because of this, so I guess its best to do it before the points start to rack up in someone else's favor, but yeah... I'll never get hardcore biker mentality, I didn't even want to ride on days after it snowed because of the mag-chloride dusted everywhere, and these guys walk (sometimes carried like with Lorenzo) from the OR pumped full of pain meds and onto a bike. That's dedication.

These younger guys are ****ing Hungry, Marc really better be on his toes because with Martin heading up to Moto2 and Mir, Olivera coming to GP these guys are not pulling any punches to secure their rides.

Jesus, its was a break, right? I'm guessing they screwed them in place and they opened him up in the process? I mean he might lose a title because of this, so I guess its best to do it before the points start to rack up in someone else's favor, but yeah... I'll never get hardcore biker mentality, I didn't even want to ride on days after it snowed because of the mag-chloride dusted everywhere, and these guys walk (sometimes carried like with Lorenzo) from the OR pumped full of pain meds and onto a bike. That's dedication.

These younger guys are ****ing Hungry, Marc really better be on his toes because with Martin heading up to Moto2 and Mir, Olivera coming to GP these guys are not pulling any punches to secure their rides.

If racing is your entire life you’ll do whatever it takes. At this level there may never be another chance for these guys to win a world championship.

Whatever it takes.

If racing is your entire life you’ll do whatever it takes.

Yep. Plus these guys are wired with an unbelievable competitive drive that pushes them on. Kenny Roberts book Techniques of Motorcycle Roadracing gives a great look at this as he tells his story and how he was years out of racing before he could let up and not have to win every game of golf, every practice lap on his dirt track, etc.

Mark

If racing is your entire life you’ll do whatever it takes. At this level there may never be another chance for these guys to win a world championship.

Whatever it takes.

No, I get that part; I did time-attack stuff--I'm actually a cager in my heart and soul--in hopes of getting sponsors to notice me and get me into GT racing (it didn't work and I got a 9-5 after my studies) and did a lot of things I wished I hadn't and I'm still paying for nearly 10 years later--physically as well as psychologically. Suffice it to say that all motorsports are dangerous but cars and bikes are no where near the same in threat models

With motorcycles, that break not healing correctly is potentially a career ending injury that can bite him back really hard next season or as late as 7 years, its especially (pointlessly?) dangerous when he already has a Moto2 seat secured already, whether he wins the championship or not, on a factory KTM ride and he's in his early 20s (?).

I'd think people around him, mainly his manager, would probably try to talk him into healing correctly and if it the 'worst comes to worst' down the line it may be best to take the rest of the season off and learn how to ride a bike built around the new Triumph platform and with that have a competitive edge against everyone else on the grid as it will be an equalizer, Moto2 is probably more crucial to do so as Moto2 seems like a graveyard for pro racers unless you show real promise to the higher ups, and even then a rider like the caliber of a Zarco had to win two championships in strong fashion only to get a satellite ride that has been using outdated tech for 2 seasons in a row.

Either way, I don't claim to fully understand it, but I do respect i

Free Practice Three (FP3) is now streaming. There will be no announcement before quali or the post quali press conference.

Enjoy!

Please, please, pretty please, can someone send me the Gdrive link? Did ask last week but maybe everyone too busy.

Would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Pre-Race Warm Up (WUP) is now streaming. There will be no announcement before the Race or Post-Race Press Conference.

Good luck and enjoy!

Could I trouble someone to send me a link to download the race? I've missed about the last 6 weeks so if the links are different to get the older races, I wouldn't mind those too please. Thanks.

Please, please, pretty please, can someone send me the Gdrive link? Did ask last week but maybe everyone too busy.

Would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

please can someone send me the Gdrive link? Thanks

Could I trouble someone to send me a link to download the race? I've missed about the last 6 weeks so if the links are different to get the older races, I wouldn't mind those too please. Thanks.

PM Sent

Pre-Race Warm Up (WUP) is now streaming. There will be no announcement before the Race or Post-Race Press Conference.

Good luck and enjoy!

Thanks, again, JC! I fell asleep watching it live on BT Sports and went on the m3u8 and caught up on it this weekend.

...does this gdrive contains the last three races ?...after the dutch GP ?
...I'd like to have the gdrive link too...
...thnx !

No. No races after Dutch GP are available for download (to my knowledge). If this is inaccurate, please let me know and send me a link!

...does this gdrive contains the last three races ?...after the dutch GP ?
...I'd like to have the gdrive link too...
...thnx !

Yup, until the last race, round 11. Link sent

No. No races after Dutch GP are available for download (to my knowledge). If this is inaccurate, please let me know and send me a link!

I've sent you the link. Please check it :cool:

Back
Top Bottom