MotoGP 2018 | Page 32 | GTAMotorcycle.com

MotoGP 2018

thanks triple 7

may spend a few more bucks for grandstand seating
the monitors to follow the whole race would be good

or maybe just get GA for Saturday
watch the show Sunday in a Texas pub instead :)

Make sure you go eat at The Salt Lick and/or The Grist Mill while you’re in Austin.

Life changing.

Rumour is MarcVDS using Suzuki bikes next year.

LCR becomes the only satellite Honda team next year.

Rumour is MarcVDS using Suzuki bikes next year.

LCR becomes the only satellite Honda team next year.
New livery looks nice ;)

mark_vds_suzuki.jpg

MotoGP 2018 - Round 03 - Pre-Event Press Conference - America is now LIVE STREAMING in BOTH 1080p (on MontrealSSD) and 720p (on MontrealSSD and Amsterdam)!

From the schedule today it looks like at 12:30 the Marquez press conference will start, then the normal pre-event press conference at 1pm, then Rossi press conference at 3:30pm.

I will stream continuous from start to end with no announcements in between.

Enjoy!

thanks triple 7

If you have seasonal allergies, make sure to take some allergy medication, the pollen is crazy this time of year in Austin.

The straight before turn 1 is a decent place to watch from, few large screens in the area as well.
Turn 19 has some exciting overtaking and crashing action.

There are also a lot of bikes to demo and good deals on gear.

The bats of Congress Avenue Bridge are cool to see come out at sunset.

Enjoy

Maybe not new news, but apparently Lorenzo is not talking to teams until Europe re: 2019 contract. The longer this plays out, the longer the Lorenzo to Suzuki rumours appear to gain ground.

What then becomes interesting from a silly season perspective is who gets the Ducati seat?

Another rumour that has been floating around is that Aprilia want an Italian rider (presumably at the expense of Redding). The theory was that it would have been Petrucci, but if Lorenzo goes to Suzuki, that leaves Iannone without a ride, and it's unlikely he'll end up back on the Ducati, so that leaves....Petrucci at Ducati... ??

Personally, I think Ducati would be better served with Miller (poaching him from Pramac). No disrespect to Petrucci but I think Miller has more upside, and already has a win - something Petrucci does not have

If you have seasonal allergies, make sure to take some allergy medication, the pollen is crazy this time of year in Austin.

The straight before turn 1 is a decent place to watch from, few large screens in the area as well.
Turn 19 has some exciting overtaking and crashing action.

There are also a lot of bikes to demo and good deals on gear.

The bats of Congress Avenue Bridge are cool to see come out at sunset.

Enjoy

thanks, good advice
due to the storm I'm running 2 days behind
so will likely watch the race over JC's excellent streams
from South Padre Island rather than Austin
suppose I can suffer through that :)

thanks triple 7

In Qatar there were only two or three screens for the grandstand length. The action is somewhat hard to follow when you're used to television feed because the noise of the bikes mostly drowns out the at-track announcer. That said, I subscribe to the MotoGP video pass and the "live" video was significantly delayed by something like 3-40 seconds compared to the live action which made it brutally difficult to find out what was happening -- this despite there being over 100MBps speed test result. Dorna delays everything aired I imagine as many live broadcasters do. For racing, it's confusing seeing something, and then watching it on the screen (phone) afterwards.

Watching a pub is probably best balanced atmosphere if you have already absorbed the sights and sounds during FP or qualy. That said, race atmosphere is always different in person :)

I'll just put this here!
I'm sure Wilairot had something to say about Marc's aggressive antics. Even the marshalls aren't safe.
[video=youtube;Wm13IbseA74]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm13IbseA74[/video]
Just watched this. The only glaring one to me was the smash into the back of Wilairot. He hit him like a cruise missile and I couldn't possibly fathom why there was a need for that when everyone else seemed to be on in-laps. From a team perspective, Honda probably watched and knew this, but didn't care any way.

The pass on Lorenzo is hardly worth talking about -- Lorenzo left the door wide wide open (might have thought, I'm so fast and smooth, no body catch me" and sure enough when Marc did, Lorenzo's late corner entry ended up with the two colliding. Most racers' lips salivate when the rider in front leaves so much space and will attempt a block pass.

With Espargaro, it's clear Marquez was slow mid corner into exit and came back in to the apex as Espargaro committed to the pass. Again, the two came together at a time when the brake levers weren't guarded. Even if racing motorcycles had mirrors, it would be nearly pointless to use them mid corner like that due to the cornering process and lean angle.

Although I'm hardly a Marquez fan, it's hard to blame him in those situations in my mind. It's easy to blame him when you're a fan of Rossi or want to toot the 'safety of the riders' horn.

Maybe not new news, but apparently Lorenzo is not talking to teams until Europe re: 2019 contract. The longer this plays out, the longer the Lorenzo to Suzuki rumours appear to gain ground.

What then becomes interesting from a silly season perspective is who gets the Ducati seat?

Another rumour that has been floating around is that Aprilia want an Italian rider (presumably at the expense of Redding). The theory was that it would have been Petrucci, but if Lorenzo goes to Suzuki, that leaves Iannone without a ride, and it's unlikely he'll end up back on the Ducati, so that leaves....Petrucci at Ducati... ??

Personally, I think Ducati would be better served with Miller (poaching him from Pramac). No disrespect to Petrucci but I think Miller has more upside, and already has a win - something Petrucci does not have
Unless something drastic happens I think JLo to Suzuki is a good move for him. Bike seems capable with a good rider, and more akin to the Yamaha style of riding than the brutish way you must ride the duck, which he clearly doesn't favour.

Petrucci to Ducati factory. Sure Miller has a win(in a shortened rain race) but thats all he has. Petrucci has shown to be more capable and consistently able to run at the front with 4 podiums last season to Miller's 0.

Iannone to Aprilia would make sense currently. If he got some good results on the Gixxer it would complicate things.

I do think Redding's days are numbered even though Aleix has consistently proven to be incredibly mediocre his entire career.

Hope to hell KTM gets rid of one or both of their riders and gets somebody half decent for next season. If anything get rid of Smith and give Kallio his seat in the short term.

Hard to say this early in the year. JLo could get slapped by a fish and figure out the Duck, Iannone could snag a surprise win on the Gixxer, Miller could get good results in the dry, Redding could leave to become a rapper. Early days.

I keep getting 'can't find player' or something to that effect during the live streams on @johncruiser's streaming servers. Any ideas on what to do or what I'm doing wrong? Thanks!

I keep getting 'can't find player' or something to that effect during the live streams on @johncruiser's streaming servers. Any ideas on what to do or what I'm doing wrong? Thanks!
Try with Internet Explorer if possible, works fine with it on this end. You can also open the .m3u8 link with VLC player or other video players.

Some new security updates to Chrome and Firefox are blocking the website player, haven't had time to work on a fix yet.

Back
Top Bottom