MotoGP 2018 | GTAMotorcycle.com

MotoGP 2018

johnscruiser

Site Supporter
Currently on server:

Round 02 - Tissot Grand Prix of Doha (at Qatar):

00:00:00 - Pre-Event Press Conference

01:03:21 - Moto3 Free Practice One (FP1)
01:53:29 - Moto2 Free Practice One (FP1)
02:48:34 - MotoGP Free Practice One (FP1)

03:52:21 - Moto3 Free Practice Two (FP2)
04:44:04 - Moto2 Free Practice Two (FP2)
05:38:00 - MotoGP Free Practice Two (FP2)

06:50:03 - Moto3 Free Practice Three (FP3)
07:40:56 - Moto2 Free Practice Three (FP3)
08:35:26 - MotoGP Free Practice Three (FP3)

09:43:39 - Moto3 Qualifying One (Q1)
10:09:01 - Moto3 Qualifying Two (Q2)
10:38:58 - Moto2 Qualifying One (Q1)
11:04:00 - Moto2 Qualifying Two (Q2)
11:29:13 - MotoGP Free Practice Four (FP4)
12:13:57 - MotoGP Qualifying One (Q1)
12:39:05 - MotoGP Qualifying Two (Q2)

14:45:39 - Moto 3 Pre-Race Warm Up (WUP)
15:15:52 - Moto2 Pre-Race Warm Up (WUP)
15:46:18 - MotoGP Pre-Race Warm Up (WUP)

16:18:09 - Moto3 RACE
17:38:30 - Moto2 RACE
18:58:35 - MotoGP RACE
19:33:45 - MotoGP Race START

20:48:16 - After the flag
21:14:39 - Post-Race Press Conference

------

**DO NOT POST LINKS TO COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL IN THIS THREAD!!**

I have a HTML5 player up on the server! Should work on all computers and mobile devices!

To test you can use these links on MontrealSSD, Fremont and UK servers:

For MotoGP 1080p: server . com/Live
For MotoGP 720p: server . com/Live720
For MotoGP 360p: server . com/Live360 **discontinued for 2021**

For WSBK 1080p: server . com/LiveWSBK
For WSBK 720p: server . com/LiveWSBK720
For WSBK 360p: server . com/LiveWSBK360 **discontinued for 2021**

Users have been reporting best success with the live stream using Internet Explorer or opening the .m3u8 link directly in Chrome after installing the Native HLS Playback extension.

As a special note, I've set up live stream server folders for both MotoGP AND WSBK! For example, if the link you were using was server.com/Live or server.com/Live720 then that will still work for MotoGP but WSBK will be server.com/LiveWSBK

A user called smcgill1969 posts the MotoGP races (BT Sports version) at 1080p50 (and other resolutions), google his name and check his twitter for links.

Enjoy! :)[/B]

Last edited:
Reactions: J_F
Hello Johnscruiser,

First I would like to thank you for all your efforts to make available all races here, it was awesome.
I saw you have put the schedule for 2018 and the Valencia test but I couldn't find the link to go to the torrent link, did you publish the link like the way you did for 2017?

Thanks,

Cassio

My opinion of Stories and Riders to watch in 2018

MotoGP

- All of the factory rider contracts are up this season. There is potential to see movements more than this year. The biggest domino is VR. Does VR stay? Does he retire? What about DP with Honda?

- Can MMarquez repeat?

- Will Lorenzo improve to be a race/championship contender?

- Will Yamaha sort their bike out?

Moto2

- KTM has given their bike to more teams. Will they become the bike to have, ending Kalex's reign? 3 straight victories at the end of this season has made this something to watch.

- Will Pons get back to the top? they have an improved rider lineup

- IMO, the championship favourite is Oliveira. I don't think there is any other rider out there that is as strong as him. Others to watch for various reasons are: Mir, AMarquez, Barbera, Bagnaia

Moto3

This series always has me guessing at the beginning of the season. But here goes:

- Canet and Martin will be the championship favourites, several other contenders could be: DiGiannantonio, Ramirez

- several Italian riders will have a make or break year: Bastianini, Antonelli, Migno

I saw you have put the schedule for 2018 and the Valencia test but I couldn't find the link to go to the torrent link

My updated capture software crashes when the file size is over 4GB in size so it wasn't possible for me to download the full day video files after the test. I tried my old software but it couldn't record any of it. I captured the test live but it was a bit skippy so I didn't want to upload it as a torrent. Sorry.

If you want to download a copy of the test to your computer you could use ffmpeg to do it:

Code:
ffmpeg -i http://montrealssd.dornastream.com/Live720/mystream/index.m3u8 -c copy ValenciaTest.mp4

You can replace the montreal link with NY or amsterdam if you get better speeds from either of those.

Let me know if you need more help getting it downloaded.

I received quite a few messages from people asking for help with ffmpeg! Here ya go:

ffmpeg is super easy, takes about 30 seconds to make it work:

Download ffmpeg: https://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/ (instructions: https://www.wikihow.com/Install-FFmpeg-on-Windows)

Unzip it to somewhere easy like c:\ then rename the "ffmpeg-20171115-ff8f40a-win64-static" folder in the root of your C: drive to to "ffmpeg".

Click your start button, type in CMD, right click on cmd that shows up in the list and click "run as admin". It should open a black dos box. Type in:

Code:
cd\ffmpeg\bin (then hit enter)

ffmpeg -i http://montrealssd.dornastream.com/Live720/mystream/index.m3u8 -c copy ValenciaTest.mp4 (then hit enter)

It will then start downloading (the time should be counting up at the bottom) the 14 hours worth of the tests and it'll end up in the the c:\ffmpeg\bin folder called "ValenciaTest.mp4" :)

It needs to count up to 14:17:58.83 before it'll be finished. How long it'll take to download depends on how fast your internet is and how fast of a connection you have to the montrealSSD server! You can figure it out with some math. Take 14.3 and divide it by the number beside "speed", so in my case 14.3 divided by 24 = 0.59 so my download will take 0.59 hours (approx 36 minutes).

ffmpeg_test.png

Good luck!

Last edited:
i did a bit of research on this and installed it and i found this youtube video helpful for the install https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcdTIDHm4KM
also doing the install when you right click computer, properties ,advanced system settings,environment variables, if you have a entry already there as PATH in the top window add/edit a ";" semicolon to the end of the original path code DO NOT DELETE anything in the original "path" entry... add ;c:\ffmpeg\bin in (variables value)
if you don't have a entry "PATH" just follow the video or type "path" then next box(variable's value) c:\ffmpeg\bin .. no semicolon
hope this helps i am no computer guy so please read and watch all the the info carefully (wikihow link and youtube link)
thanks A9/john for the help and making the test available to download cheers mate
cheers
chdr

Last edited:
My updated capture software crashes when the file size is over 4GB in size so it wasn't possible for me to download the full day video files after the test. I tried my old software but it couldn't record any of it. I captured the test live but it was a bit skippy so I didn't want to upload it as a torrent. Sorry.

If you want to download a copy of the test to your computer you could use ffmpeg to do it:

Code:
ffmpeg -i http://montrealssd.dornastream.com/Live720/mystream/index.m3u8 -c copy ValenciaTest.mp4

You can replace the montreal link with NY or amsterdam if you get better speeds from either of those.

Let me know if you need more help getting it downloaded.

Johnscruiser,

I was able to download the file and again I would like to thank you for making available, really appreciate it.

Cheers,

Cassio

Johnscruiser,

I was able to download the file and again I would like to thank you for making available, really appreciate it.

Cheers,

Cassio

If you want to upload it as a torrent I'll run it to seed and have a ddl for others, ideally you combine day 1 and 2 into a single torrent.

Let me know, and send me the hash and I'll take it from there.

Edit: I have day 2, I'm not sure if I should post it here so here is the url offsite:

https://ghostbin.com/paste/992vg

Last edited:
This guy sounds like a peach.
Ever bought a Puig windscreen? That's him.

He was Pedrosa's Manager for most of his career. Often described as being very controlling and largely contributing to how introverted Dani is. In 2013/14 they punted him off to run the Asia Talent Cup. At that time it seemed like he was disliked by most of the Repsol Honda Team and nobody was sad to see him go. Dani became much more open in interviews and such after he left in my opinion. Around that time there was also a war of words between him and Kevin Schwantz after Schwantz said that Puig was a big reason that Dani had never won the MotoGP title.

With him running the show there is zero chance of anything but spanish riders on that team(not that it wasn't a high probability before), and Pedrosa will likely be sticking around until the cows come home.

In a nutshell a lot of people think he is a ******, and now he is the kingpin of the top team in the world.

The Puig thing confuses me, but Honda tend to make the right the decisions more often than not so they must know something we don't.

But...if we are right, it will be entertaining to watch.

With him running the show there is zero chance of anything but spanish riders on that team(not that it wasn't a high probability before), and Pedrosa will likely be sticking around until the cows come home

Marc is unlikely to leave so there was only ever one seat available. And I still believe Dani is just keeping the seat warm for Mir while he refines his racing craft in Moto2, once he starts winning championships you'll see Mir to HRC and Binder on the works KTM within 2-3 years. Danny will likely get placed in a test rider position and possible coach role, too.

I seriously cannot see him shaking things up too much, Marc is Honda's golden boy in what is a trying period in their Motorsports History, I don't think he'll last long if Nakamoto gets wind things are not going well. He still has that bad taste in his mouth from the (multiple) F1 failures, he won't risk HRC's image to suffer, I imagine.

With that said, I hope this years bike doesn't have the same acceleration issue they have had these past seasons.

Last edited:
oh boy...silly season already? Rumour is Pecco Bagnaia is a possible candidate for Pramac in 2019.

MotoGP Jonas Folger - The news came like a bolt from the blue, the German German rider of the Yamaha Tech 3 team will not take part in the 2018 MotoGP World Championship.
Folger due to a rare genetic disease, Gilbert's syndrome causing an accumulation of toxins in the blood was forced to skip the season finale of 2017. Now, one week after the first pre-season tests, it is the same pilot to announce the decision not to take part in the 2018 season because it does not feel completely ready, both physically and mentally.
Meanwhile, in his now ex-team, the hunt for the substitute, at a time when all the "fast" drivers are already under contract.
These are the words of the Jonas Folger: "I am incredibly sad to say this, but I will not race in MotoGP in 2018. I was not able to make the improvements that I hoped, and at this stage I do not feel able to ride a 100cc MotoGP percent. I would like to thank all the people involved, but above all the Monster Yamaha Tech3 team, Yamaha Factory in Japan, Monster Energy, HJC, IXON, Forma Boots and Rudy Project. I hope I can come back one day and I want to thank all of you for your continued support ".
The Tech3 Team Manager, Hervé Poncharal, commented: "Last night (Tuesday) I received a call from Bob Moore, personal manager of Jonas Folger. I could not believe what Bob was telling me on the phone, Jonas Folger decided not to run the 2018 MotoGP season because he does not feel 100 percent mentally and physically. It is still very difficult for me to believe, that he has no intention of running with us in 2018, especially because he is a driver I trusted in and I was sure we would have reached higher levels together this year. I totally respect his decision, even if it is difficult to digest. However, I will try to find a solution to replace it, which is a very difficult mission, with all the fast drivers already under contract. But, as always in racing we have to react and have inventiveness and we hope to make someone very happy. We will keep you all informed about the evolution of the situation ".

MotoGP Jonas Folger - The news came like a bolt from the blue, the German German rider of the Yamaha Tech 3 team will not take part in the 2018 MotoGP World Championship.
Folger due to a rare genetic disease, Gilbert's syndrome causing an accumulation of toxins in the blood was forced to skip the season finale of 2017. Now, one week after the first pre-season tests, it is the same pilot to announce the decision not to take part in the 2018 season because it does not feel completely ready, both physically and mentally.
Meanwhile, in his now ex-team, the hunt for the substitute, at a time when all the "fast" drivers are already under contract.
These are the words of the Jonas Folger: "I am incredibly sad to say this, but I will not race in MotoGP in 2018. I was not able to make the improvements that I hoped, and at this stage I do not feel able to ride a 100cc MotoGP percent. I would like to thank all the people involved, but above all the Monster Yamaha Tech3 team, Yamaha Factory in Japan, Monster Energy, HJC, IXON, Forma Boots and Rudy Project. I hope I can come back one day and I want to thank all of you for your continued support ".
The Tech3 Team Manager, Hervé Poncharal, commented: "Last night (Tuesday) I received a call from Bob Moore, personal manager of Jonas Folger. I could not believe what Bob was telling me on the phone, Jonas Folger decided not to run the 2018 MotoGP season because he does not feel 100 percent mentally and physically. It is still very difficult for me to believe, that he has no intention of running with us in 2018, especially because he is a driver I trusted in and I was sure we would have reached higher levels together this year. I totally respect his decision, even if it is difficult to digest. However, I will try to find a solution to replace it, which is a very difficult mission, with all the fast drivers already under contract. But, as always in racing we have to react and have inventiveness and we hope to make someone very happy. We will keep you all informed about the evolution of the situation ".

bad news for everyone. Im hoping jonas folger's condition improves quicker than expected. Tough call for folger...fack he's gonna be missed.

Back
Top Bottom