MotoGP 2018 - Page 57

Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ... 74755565758 LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1149

Thread: MotoGP 2018

Re: MotoGP 2018

Are any races past Dutch GP available yet? That's the most recent one I see on the server

Break down and spend the 100 euros, and you could have already seen Brno. (P.S. It's another fantastic race.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sebi View Post
    Are any races past Dutch GP available yet? That's the most recent one I see on the server
    John has not had time to upload any races/quali's/practices/press conferences since the Dutch GP. He said he may have time as the season goes on to upload these.
    So you need to watch the GP's as and when they are on. For instance, the Czech GP will still be playing now on the server.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian P View Post
    Break down and spend the 100 euros, and you could have already seen Brno. (P.S. It's another fantastic race.)
    And here I thought it was a snoozer with a couple of decent laps at the end.

Mark

Site Supporter

pre-event press conference is now live streaming

❤❤❤

Site Supporter

Yikes!

Quote Originally Posted by johnscruiser View Post
    Yikes!

Jesus, its was a break, right? I'm guessing they screwed them in place and they opened him up in the process? I mean he might lose a title because of this, so I guess its best to do it before the points start to rack up in someone else's favor, but yeah... I'll never get hardcore biker mentality, I didn't even want to ride on days after it snowed because of the mag-chloride dusted everywhere, and these guys walk (sometimes carried like with Lorenzo) from the OR pumped full of pain meds and onto a bike. That's dedication.

These younger guys are ****ing Hungry, Marc really better be on his toes because with Martin heading up to Moto2 and Mir, Olivera coming to GP these guys are not pulling any punches to secure their rides.

Quote Originally Posted by Winales_2017 View Post
    Jesus, its was a break, right? I'm guessing they screwed them in place and they opened him up in the process? I mean he might lose a title because of this, so I guess its best to do it before the points start to rack up in someone else's favor, but yeah... I'll never get hardcore biker mentality, I didn't even want to ride on days after it snowed because of the mag-chloride dusted everywhere, and these guys walk (sometimes carried like with Lorenzo) from the OR pumped full of pain meds and onto a bike. That's dedication.

These younger guys are ****ing Hungry, Marc really better be on his toes because with Martin heading up to Moto2 and Mir, Olivera coming to GP these guys are not pulling any punches to secure their rides.
    If racing is your entire life you’ll do whatever it takes. At this level there may never be another chance for these guys to win a world championship.

Whatever it takes.

Quote Originally Posted by caboose56 View Post
    If racing is your entire life you’ll do whatever it takes.
    Yep. Plus these guys are wired with an unbelievable competitive drive that pushes them on. Kenny Roberts book Techniques of Motorcycle Roadracing gives a great look at this as he tells his story and how he was years out of racing before he could let up and not have to win every game of golf, every practice lap on his dirt track, etc.

Mark

Site Supporter

Free Practice One (FP1) is now streaming. There will be no announcement before FP2.

Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by caboose56 View Post
    If racing is your entire life you’ll do whatever it takes. At this level there may never be another chance for these guys to win a world championship.

Whatever it takes.
    No, I get that part; I did time-attack stuff--I'm actually a cager in my heart and soul--in hopes of getting sponsors to notice me and get me into GT racing (it didn't work and I got a 9-5 after my studies) and did a lot of things I wished I hadn't and I'm still paying for nearly 10 years later--physically as well as psychologically. Suffice it to say that all motorsports are dangerous but cars and bikes are no where near the same in threat models

With motorcycles, that break not healing correctly is potentially a career ending injury that can bite him back really hard next season or as late as 7 years, its especially (pointlessly?) dangerous when he already has a Moto2 seat secured already, whether he wins the championship or not, on a factory KTM ride and he's in his early 20s (?).

I'd think people around him, mainly his manager, would probably try to talk him into healing correctly and if it the 'worst comes to worst' down the line it may be best to take the rest of the season off and learn how to ride a bike built around the new Triumph platform and with that have a competitive edge against everyone else on the grid as it will be an equalizer, Moto2 is probably more crucial to do so as Moto2 seems like a graveyard for pro racers unless you show real promise to the higher ups, and even then a rider like the caliber of a Zarco had to win two championships in strong fashion only to get a satellite ride that has been using outdated tech for 2 seasons in a row.

Either way, I don't claim to fully understand it, but I do respect i

Quote Originally Posted by johnscruiser View Post
    Free Practice One (FP1) is now streaming. There will be no announcement before FP2.

Enjoy!
    Both perfect, thank you very much

Site Supporter

Free Practice Three (FP3) is now streaming. There will be no announcement before quali or the post quali press conference.

Enjoy!

Please, please, pretty please, can someone send me the Gdrive link? Did ask last week but maybe everyone too busy.

Would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Site Supporter

Pre-Race Warm Up (WUP) is now streaming. There will be no announcement before the Race or Post-Race Press Conference.

Good luck and enjoy!

please can someone send me the Gdrive link? Thanks

Could I trouble someone to send me a link to download the race? I've missed about the last 6 weeks so if the links are different to get the older races, I wouldn't mind those too please. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by beverage View Post
    Could I trouble someone to send me a link to download the race? I've missed about the last 6 weeks so if the links are different to get the older races, I wouldn't mind those too please. Thanks.
    Pm'd links to SMcGill1969's BTSports coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by binky59 View Post
    Please, please, pretty please, can someone send me the Gdrive link? Did ask last week but maybe everyone too busy.

Would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Japneet46 View Post
    please can someone send me the Gdrive link? Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by beverage View Post
    PM Sent