MotoGP 2018 | Page 61 | GTAMotorcycle.com

MotoGP 2018

Pre-race warm ups are now streaming. There will be no announcement before the race. Good luck!

Nice one, JC; I figured it was work, didn't know about the guns.

Anything cool in your collection that needs a specific license? Its pretty crazy in the US, where I'm from, we can get a .50 Cal Rifle, and I bet you need courses and such for a shotgun to go hunting.

Looking steady on my end. Just got in to watch Mir put on a class ride despite a terrible qualy.

Nice one, JC; I figured it was work, didn't know about the guns.

Anything cool in your collection that needs a specific license? Its pretty crazy in the US, where I'm from, we can get a .50 Cal Rifle, and I bet you need courses and such for a shotgun to go hunting.

Looking steady on my end. Just got in to watch Mir put on a class ride despite a terrible qualy.
Thanks for the stream quality report, LOTS of users on the stream for the race!

Off topic reply, and if we get on the topic of guns we could go on for pages and pages so if you have a lengthy reply to the info below please send it in a private message :)

I got into a bit of trouble with the police and they melted down my collection of guns 10 years ago so I have exactly "zero" anything in my collection at the moment. The coolest thing I needed a license for previously was my Colt 40mm M203 grenade launcher for which I needed to get a license from the super grumpy organization called the CGD (Controlled Goods Directorate). They are a tattle tale organization that lets every local police force know what you have in your residence so if someone like the PWEU (provincial weapons enforcement unit, even more grumpy than the folks at the CGD) start to get unhappy at the massive amount of weapons you've acquired they will offer to "come take some off your hands" without compensation.

In Canada we have three types of firearms: Non-Restricted (Shotguns, Hunting rifles), Restricted (all handguns, evil rifles like the AR-15, any semi auto centerfire rifle with a barrel less than 18.5" or is less than 26" in overall length) and Prohibited (anything full auto, handgun with barrel less than 4.25", any handgun that is 25 or 32 calibre, "sawed off" shotguns and rifles that are under 26" in overall length or have a barrel that's been cut down to under 18"). All the fun stuff is prohibited (suppressors, grenades, high capacity magazines, uzi, ak-47, etc.)

Most semi-auto rifles and shotgun magazines are limited to 5 rounds and all handguns are limited to 10 rounds. There are no magazine or barrel length limits on rimfire rifles. They say every time you take a high capacity magazine (30rd AR-15 or 100rd double drum, 50rd FN PS90, etc.) and "pin it" to 5 rounds, god kills a kitten.

If you are a regular citizen you can only apply for a non-restricted and restricted license. You have to take a two day course then wait a minimum of 30 days to get your license. Once you get your license you can purchase any non-restricted firearm by just walking into a store and walk out with it (unless there are special conditions on your license). For restricted firearms they ask you "why are you buying this handgun?" and if you say ANYTHING other than "target practice" (i.e. home defense, self defense, etc.) they will take your application and put it right in the shredder. After purchasing the handgun or restricted firearm they send in an application to transfer it to you and sometimes they are way behind processing applications so after you've paid for your handgun it might be a few months before you can take it home but usually it's just a week or two :(

You can only shoot restricted firearms at an approved gun range, not on your own property, can't hunt with them, etc.

No problems owning .50BMG, even semi auto is fine (limited to 5 rounds of course), no special license required.

To hunt you need a hunting license.

For lots of great info check out the links under "fact sheets": http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/fs-fd/index-eng.htm

I just passed the course last weekend and sent in my application. It doesn't mean I'm guaranteed to get my license back but it's the first step!

The very first day after I get my license back I'm going to purchase these firearms (to restart my collection):

1. FN 590 Tactical (Restricted, 9mm, comes with 17 round and 24 round magazines all pinned to 10 rounds, 4.5" threaded barrel):

FN_509_tactical_Rotators_6-1800x1275.png

2. Derya Arms MK12 Semi Auto Shotgun (Non-Restricted, 12 gauge, 20" barrel, 5 round magazine):

Derya%20Arms%20MK12%20Oh%20Canada%20Edition%20Red%20Distressed%2012GA%203in,%2020in%20Barrel.jpg

3. Tavor X95 in 9mm (Non-Restricted, 9mm, 18.6" barrel, 33 round magazine pinned to 5 rounds, 10 round full capacity Glock magazines available):

9mm_tavor_x95.jpg

4. GSG MP40 (Non-Restricted, 22LR, 16.25" barrel, full capacity 23rd magazines)

gsg_mp40.jpg

That'll be the start, then depending on when these get approved for sale in Canada I'll put my name on one of those as well:

5. Bermuda FD12 Semi-Auto Bullpup Shotgun (Non-restricted, 12ga, 18.6" barrel, 10 round magazine pinned to 5):

fd12%20bullpup%20shotgun.jpg

I'm not too sure if the CGD would ever give me a license again, and even if they would I'm not sure I want to dip my toe too deep into the really crazy stuff again, too easy to make a mistake and it gives the police a reason to bother you.

Be safe and happy shooting :)

So, where is everyone getting their fix with John MIA?

Mark

I found this Channel: [Link Removed] only yesterday, He is showing all FP's & Q's, plus the races. fairly **** quality and its a small box, but hey, you can't have it all! Us Freeloaders may have to rough it once or twice. JC did say he was away, but it is time he darn well came home again, we can't watch this ****! ;)
By the way, the 'Live' link on the 'Feral hosting' MotoGP Live page still works if you can get around the Viral Advertisment.

Last edited:
Hi Winales, may I please have access to your links?

Thanks!

Sure, PM sent, as with all sent.

Worth noting
: I'm glad this community is capable of being self-sufficient and looking for links, and sharing them. I just want to remind you guys that we have had eyes (read: Dorna's goons) on this place for some time, and as such posting links out in the open like this makes those channels a target as well.

In just responding to the PMs this afternoon before going out I have sent links to links that have had take down notices, I'm not saying that this directly due to people posting links here, but it is possible. So, its best to just take it to PM and reduce the possibility of it occurring; also, JC has made it clear that we need to keep that stuff off of here. And he's been doing this community a great help so its best to respect his request.

Can someone please PM me the links and provide steps on how to donate johnscruiser.

Thank you

Best to PM him directly for donation info as it might have changed. I'll send you an alternative for Aragon's race.

Last edited:
thanks JC, Amsterdam stream was flawless

great race, from first corner to the finish
Maniac on the podium was nice to see

By the way, the 'Live' link on the 'Feral hosting' MotoGP Live page still works if you can get around the Viral Advertisment.

The live link wasn't working until sunday for the races when John reset it. Until then it was still showing the Misano race day.

thanks JC, Amsterdam stream was flawless

Worked OK for me as well. Montreal was MIA the whole day for me.

Mark

if your into the technical side of bikes want to know how it all works check out this youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChYdD3BgfawTdKlnUJBeOMA/videos he dose failure annalistes .. the ducati crankshaft fail is very interesting... product review on tools and stuff for the bike evans coolant dont buy it or you will be sorry he dose maintenance stuff ... the guy is a mechanical engineer and machinist fitter and very funny and very smart and what i like is he explains it all in a scientifically correct way calls a spade a spade and a di*khead a dickh*ad and trys to put people right after other youtube how to`s tell ya the wrong way of doing something like antiseize on the back of brake pads
he only dose bike stuff so check him out you will not regret it and you might learn something ... sorry off topic but had to shair ......oh he swears a bit so if you are offended by this bad luck lmao
cheers
chdr

Thanks for the stream quality report, LOTS of users on the stream for the race!

Off topic reply, and if we get on the topic of guns we could go on for pages and pages so if you have a lengthy reply to the info below please send it in a private message :)

I got into a bit of trouble with the police and they melted down my collection of guns 10 years ago so I have exactly "zero" anything in my collection at the moment. The coolest thing I needed a license for previously was my Colt 40mm M203 grenade launcher for which I needed to get a license from the super grumpy organization called the CGD (Controlled Goods Directorate). They are a tattle tale organization that lets every local police force know what you have in your residence so if someone like the PWEU (provincial weapons enforcement unit, even more grumpy than the folks at the CGD) start to get unhappy at the massive amount of weapons you've acquired they will offer to "come take some off your hands" without compensation.

In Canada we have three types of firearms: Non-Restricted (Shotguns, Hunting rifles), Restricted (all handguns, evil rifles like the AR-15, any semi auto centerfire rifle with a barrel less than 18.5" or is less than 26" in overall length) and Prohibited (anything full auto, handgun with barrel less than 4.25", any handgun that is 25 or 32 calibre, "sawed off" shotguns and rifles that are under 26" in overall length or have a barrel that's been cut down to under 18"). All the fun stuff is prohibited (suppressors, grenades, high capacity magazines, uzi, ak-47, etc.)

Most semi-auto rifles and shotgun magazines are limited to 5 rounds and all handguns are limited to 10 rounds. There are no magazine or barrel length limits on rimfire rifles. They say every time you take a high capacity magazine (30rd AR-15 or 100rd double drum, 50rd FN PS90, etc.) and "pin it" to 5 rounds, god kills a kitten.

If you are a regular citizen you can only apply for a non-restricted and restricted license. You have to take a two day course then wait a minimum of 30 days to get your license. Once you get your license you can purchase any non-restricted firearm by just walking into a store and walk out with it (unless there are special conditions on your license). For restricted firearms they ask you "why are you buying this handgun?" and if you say ANYTHING other than "target practice" (i.e. home defense, self defense, etc.) they will take your application and put it right in the shredder. After purchasing the handgun or restricted firearm they send in an application to transfer it to you and sometimes they are way behind processing applications so after you've paid for your handgun it might be a few months before you can take it home but usually it's just a week or two :(

You can only shoot restricted firearms at an approved gun range, not on your own property, can't hunt with them, etc.

No problems owning .50BMG, even semi auto is fine (limited to 5 rounds of course), no special license required.

To hunt you need a hunting license.

For lots of great info check out the links under "fact sheets": http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/fs-fd/index-eng.htm

I just passed the course last weekend and sent in my application. It doesn't mean I'm guaranteed to get my license back but it's the first step!

The very first day after I get my license back I'm going to purchase these firearms (to restart my collection):

1. FN 590 Tactical (Restricted, 9mm, comes with 17 round and 24 round magazines all pinned to 10 rounds, 4.5" threaded barrel):

FN_509_tactical_Rotators_6-1800x1275.png

2. Derya Arms MK12 Semi Auto Shotgun (Non-Restricted, 12 gauge, 20" barrel, 5 round magazine):

Derya%20Arms%20MK12%20Oh%20Canada%20Edition%20Red%20Distressed%2012GA%203in,%2020in%20Barrel.jpg

3. Tavor X95 in 9mm (Non-Restricted, 9mm, 18.6" barrel, 33 round magazine pinned to 5 rounds, 10 round full capacity Glock magazines available):

9mm_tavor_x95.jpg

4. GSG MP40 (Non-Restricted, 22LR, 16.25" barrel, full capacity 23rd magazines)

gsg_mp40.jpg

That'll be the start, then depending on when these get approved for sale in Canada I'll put my name on one of those as well:

5. Bermuda FD12 Semi-Auto Bullpup Shotgun (Non-restricted, 12ga, 18.6" barrel, 10 round magazine pinned to 5):

fd12%20bullpup%20shotgun.jpg

I'm not too sure if the CGD would ever give me a license again, and even if they would I'm not sure I want to dip my toe too deep into the really crazy stuff again, too easy to make a mistake and it gives the police a reason to bother you.

Be safe and happy shooting :)

stick to bikes man - forget guns!
that hobby is for americans...

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Back
Top Bottom