Do cops chase motorcycles in Ontario? (read first) | GTAMotorcycle.com

Do cops chase motorcycles in Ontario? (read first)

Status
Not open for further replies.

crunkboy6

Okay so, first of all, I'm new to the forum so hello everyone! Second of all, my friend said that his dad told him that police officers don't chase motorcycles in Ontario on the 401 because its dangerous for the police officer, rider, and the community. His dad is an OPP officer. Have anyone experience with this? looking to see how true this actually is. I'm super interested to see what all you think! let me know!

And what do you propose to do with the answer to that question? What difference does it make?

Do you want to use that as an excuse to do 200 km/h on the 400 series highways? See all those cameras out there ... not only all the cameras that are permanently mounted and which are used by the MoT to identify traffic problems, but all the cameras on all the cell phones that everyone (and I mean EVERYone) has on them these days? And see all those markings every so often by the roadside that the aircraft use to calculate your speed from the air? Even if you don't get chased, you may have a surprise waiting for you down the road somewhere. Or when you get home, or when you get to where you stop next because the airplane was following your travels without you even knowing it. And that's IF you don't splat yourself into the back of someone innocent first.

Maybe the cops don't chase motorcycles because they don't have to. Attract sufficient attention to yourself and they'll follow your progress with the cameras until they can get the aircraft following you until you exit the highway and stop somewhere.

Good first post. Hah! Welcome. The 400 series highways are for getting from one place to another with a minimum of fuss and without attracting attention to yourself. If the traffic is doing 120 km/h ... then you will blend right in by doing 120 and there will be no need to concern yourself with whether the cops will chase you or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom