Need help moving bike | GTAMotorcycle.com

Need help moving bike

adrisen

Hi everyone. I sold my bike and I have to deliver it. I was hoping to move it Monday Nov 13. I am physically can’t ride in the cold for medical reasons and hoping there was someone who could help me move it from the Jane and steels area in North York to Brampton to the new owner. I got a quote to truck it and it’s absolutely insane to do that. If anyone is available or even another day I would be so grateful . Were moving a Suzuki sv650s

Thanks

Ash

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

You sold it? Are you buying something else, taking a break for a bit or riding isn't for you? Can't the new owner come get it? The weather is supposed to get much warmer next week, maybe it will be warm enough to ride?

You sold it? Are you buying something else, taking a break for a bit or riding isn't for you? Can't the new owner come get it? The weather is supposed to get much warmer next week, maybe it will be warm enough to ride?

I will be buying a new bike. but not until the show. He unfortunately can’t pick it up.

The Famous Kijiji $50 Motorcycle Tow! Moto industry professional

There is quite a few of these services on kijiji: https://www.kijiji.ca/v-motorcycle-...50-motorcycle-tow-moto-industry-professional/

just recently sold my old cbr before buying the new bike, it was a hell of a deal so within 5 minutes of posting on kijiji had people calling, a bunch wanted me to deliver

right before i was going to post on GTAM about it, a guy called, said he was on his way, within an hour the bike was gone on his truck, he brought cash.

If you haven't accepted payment, perhaps see if you can drop the price a bit and get someone to buy it who can pick it up?

too bad it's going

but maybe a new bike = fresh start?

by the sounds of it
that SV caused you some grief!

any ideas what's next?

too bad it's going

but maybe a new bike = fresh start?

by the sounds of it
that SV caused you some grief!

any ideas what's next?

I still like the sv. But would not get and svs. I am actually thinking of downgrading in a sense and looking at the Honda Rebel 500cc.

I got almost my asking price for the bike.

I just need to get it to Brampton. I was watching the weather and was not expecting such a drop in temp and I can’t ride for medical reasons in the cold.

I still like the sv. But would not get and svs. I am actually thinking of downgrading in a sense and looking at the Honda Rebel 500cc.

I got almost my asking price for the bike.

I just need to get it to Brampton. I was watching the weather and was not expecting such a drop in temp and I can’t ride for medical reasons in the cold.

Did you get to test ride the 500?(471) Its hard to believe you will like the honda over the sv

Did you get to test ride the 500?(471) Its hard to believe you will like the honda over the sv

I have not. I loved aspects of the 650. I hated the ride position. I will check it out though. I do like the new sv as well as the gladius. I loved the BMW 700. But not interested in spending that much. I am very open. My dream bike right now is an Indian scout

Whats the details here? I'm assuming you`re giving the rider a lift back to your area at least. Can it be post rush hour?

Whats the details here? I'm assuming you`re giving the rider a lift back to your area at least. Can it be post rush hour?

Absolutely. I am heading there also. I can drop them off back near me or I am reasonable to take them somewhere. It can be done anytime that is convenient for the rider.

I would do it but it’s unsafe for me on a bike when the temp hits a point.

Test riding is easily the most important thing you can do, its your money, your the customer and have the leverage, be sure to test ride before you buy. Its too cold right now for them, but there's no harm in waiting till spring. Most companies do demo days, but even if they don't if your serious about the bike, let a dealer know, they will probably let you take them it for a spin(I rode the Z900 this way)

I know Indian does demo days, last year i recall one or two dealers in the GTA doing them.(I'll be riding a few Indians the coming year also)

I had the cbr500, same engine and all, its a great engine for commuting and learning on, but fairly vanilla(like many honda's)

My only concern would be the continuous insurance discount, but since you are not interested in any crazy sport bikes, that should be less of a factor.

If you were happy with the SV, but didnt like the riding position, perhaps look at the V strom? Same engine, but very comfy, and along with great road manners, not too shabby in mild offroading, along with bullet proof reliability.

Important: You want someone else to ride your bike to brampton in sketchy conditions, Insurance is something you want to figure out before you let someone potentially ride a bike they are not insured to ride.

Last edited:
I'd help ya out OP
but have medical issues too - broken foot

as is usual with GTAM, you're gonna get some advice not solicited
but BP above, makes some good points
Vstrom is extremely comfortable and handling is dead neutral
seat height can be a drawback for some though

the show can at least let you sit on everything and see
but riding ergos are quite a bit different from red light ergos

I have a friend I think can take it. I never tested my sv650s. Bought it on sight. I am also adding the vstorm on the list and gladius.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Add CBR500R and CB500F to your list.

Back
Top Bottom