Insurance Non Renewed

Thread: Insurance Non Renewed

Insurance Non Renewed

Forum Sponsor
    Hello everyone, just thought I'd share with the community if anyone is insured with Aviva insurance for your sports bike you may not get renewed for the next year. I ride a CBR1000 and I was told by my broker that Aviva no longer will renew me for my bike. Luckily for me I found this forum and called some of the insurance experts in the section. I was able to get my bike insured with Allstate for even less than what I was paying last year. If anyone is with Aviva you may want to consider Allstate whenever your renewal comes along. For what it's worth I used Matthew as my agent and he was pleasant to deal with. Click link below for his info.

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...tate-Insurance

Re: Insurance Non Renewed

Quote Originally Posted by Inthezone85 View Post
    Hello everyone, just thought I'd share with the community if anyone is insured with Aviva insurance for your sports bike you may not get renewed for the next year. I ride a CBR1000 and I was told by my broker that Aviva no longer will renew me for my bike. Luckily for me I found this forum and called some of the insurance experts in the section. I was able to get my bike insured with Allstate for even less than what I was paying last year. If anyone is with Aviva you may want to consider Allstate whenever your renewal comes along. For what it's worth I used Matthew as my agent and he was pleasant to deal with. Click link below for his info.

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...tate-Insurance
    Thanks for sharing your experience. Was Allstate able to do a standalone policy for you or did you have to bundle car/home? Also, safe to assume you're 30+?

It would help if the original poster shed some light on their particular circumstances; my "we're not getting the whole story" alarm is going off.

My spider sense is going off as well. Seems like a shill, how many posts by this user?

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com
    See you out there - 2012 HD Electra Glide

@roadrash, I bundled my car and tenant insurance with the motorcycle because I wanted everything all with the same provider plus it gave me a discount on my bike. I am 31 years old clean record. @sburns I am new to the site. I was searching for insurance online and came across GTAMC and hence how I found the access to a couple brokers on here. I look forward to posting more!
    Cheers

How many years M licensed, how many years insured, "tenant" insurance implies rental property - were you attempting to get theft coverage (or full coverage including theft) and if so, how is the bike stored, etc.

Surely you are not the only one with Aviva insurance who is renewing at this time of year. If they were across-the-board refusing to renew supersport insurance policies I would expect a landslide of other people saying the same thing. (my own policy is not up for renewal until next April) In the absence of that landslide, something else is going on. Has to be.

It's good that you were able to switch to Allstate in your particular case, but hopefully insurance remains available from multiple sources.

I'm sure that there was a bigger picture from an underwriter liability standpoint that we are probably not seeing here. Perhaps they are changing their risk profiles for what they will and will not accept anymore and our OP was on the unlucky side of that bleeding edge.

Anyways, at least a "we are not going to renew you" doesn't carry the same negative implications as "we are cancelling you".
    --VTX1300 (Mine)
    ---VStar 650 (Wife)
    ----GZ250 Marauder (Sold)
    Insurance Price Heat Map

Quote Originally Posted by PrivatePilot View Post
    I'm sure that there was a bigger picture from an underwriter liability standpoint that we are probably not seeing here. Perhaps they are changing their risk profiles for what they will and will not accept anymore and our OP was on the unlucky side of that bleeding edge.

Anyways, at least a "we are not going to renew you" doesn't carry the same negative implications as "we are cancelling you".
    The question might be "Have you ever been refused insurance?" Letting a policy expire shouldn't count.

If you think you're going to be cancelled it's better to drop them before they drop you.

Quote Originally Posted by nobbie48 View Post
    The question might be "Have you ever been refused insurance?" Letting a policy expire shouldn't count.

If you think you're going to be cancelled it's better to drop them before they drop you.
    I forget exactly how it's worded, But I think that they asked if you had ever been canceled, not refused. Could be wrong. Maybe someone could bring this thread to the attention of one of our insurance experts.
    --VTX1300 (Mine)
    ---VStar 650 (Wife)
    ----GZ250 Marauder (Sold)
    Insurance Price Heat Map

Aviva has been grandfathering all existing sport bike policy holders with their old guidelines.

OP, did you receive a registered letter from them?

FWIW, I tried bringing my home, car, AND bike insurance to AllState using an agent off GTAM, but they won't insure my bike and directed me to get a standalone bike policy with someone else.... I'm 26 with a Ninja300 and a clean record..

That being said, I'm content paying $650/yr with Des Jardin (Bundled w/ Car - Home insurance with Aviva).
    Last edited by PLau; 11-10-2017 at 06:21 PM.
    2007 Black CBR125 - SOLD!

Grey Ninja 300 SE Abs -

Layer up for when you lay'er down.