Fz 09 vs Z900 comparison review | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Fz 09 vs Z900 comparison review

Who'da thunk. Triple the engine size requires more gas
It's not so much that as it is triple the engine size, so how about a slightly larger tank? I love the fz but the fuel range is a deal breaker for me. I'm not stopping for gas at less than 300-350km.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

It's not so much that as it is triple the engine size, so how about a slightly larger tank? I love the fz but the fuel range is a deal breaker for me. I'm not stopping for gas at less than 300-350km.

Lol. Come on my gsxr. 200 km before gas light and I do 100km a day in the summer

Lol. Come on my gsxr. 200 km before gas light and I do 100km a day in the summer
Yeah I know. I like 1000km days as well and I'm never far from fuel. I could easily ride an fz with no fuel issues, I just prefer not too. Part of why I like adv bikes, comfort, performance and huge tank range.

Yeah I know. I like 1000km days as well and I'm never far from fuel. I could easily ride an fz with no fuel issues, I just prefer not too. Part of why I like adv bikes, comfort, performance and huge tank range.

100% we all make our sacrifices. Riding my bike saves me like $10 a week vs driving my sierra. Pay to play

Apparently 200km+ on the FZ is possible, maybe after the engine breaks in a little more?

You guys werent kidding about the Fz being thirsty...compared to my little honda this thing can drink!

Fz09.org says we can squeeze 15L in with no mods if we take our time. I'll give it a shot today or tomorrow, I expect this will net 200kms before the fuel gauge flashes.

Fz09.org says we can squeeze 15L in with no mods if we take our time. I'll give it a shot today or tomorrow, I expect this will net 200kms before the fuel gauge flashes.

I did notice an eco light flashing occasionally(thought that was only with kawis) if you take it easy in the 6th gear you can probably get 200kms...

Yep. I'd say im around 160kms before the light goes on, major sad face compared to the R3. But i hear its all about that off the line acceleration, so i'm going to try to be more moderate next fill up just to see what happens. For reference i tool around town in 3rd or 4th between 60-80 kms.
I have done 200 of hard twisties in PA until the light came on. Commuting normally comes on at around 190km .... but I have the Vcyclenut map and an M4.

I can go for another 30 after the light starts flashing, so 230 is very doable, have pushed it to 240 but won't do that unless i have to.

lol the eco light on the fz09 is as equal as useful as the eco light on my jeep, it never comes on unless I have fallen a sleep on the wheel
I did notice an eco light flashing occasionally(thought that was only with kawis) if you take it easy in the 6th gear you can probably get 200kms...

Apparently 200km+ on the FZ is possible, maybe after the engine breaks in a little more?

in B mode with easy right hand
but what's the fun in that?

FJ with different mapping and slightly larger tank is not much better
fuel warning on at 250, maybe another 50m left until you're out, highway range

most of the dudes I regularly ride with have switched to GSA's
they go twice as far as me

lol the eco light on the fz09 is as equal as useful as the eco light on my jeep, it never comes on unless I have fallen a sleep on the wheel

I dont have any delusions about my riding ability(average at best), especially on cold(and new)tires on damp winter roads, so i do occasionally ride like a grandma

I dont have any delusions about my riding ability(average at best), especially on cold(and new)tires on damp winter roads, so i do occasionally ride like a grandma

I put the traction control to the test last week on a damp road, worked pretty well.

I put the traction control to the test last week on a damp road, worked pretty well.

Did you notice it flashing?

Did you notice it flashing?

Ummm..yeah quite elaborately haha. I pinned the throttle in 3rd gear on a damp road just after a sun shower, traction control light was going ballistic and i could feel the bike taking away power and giving it back every half second or so but the rear wheel stayed completely smooth the entire time. TC:2.

In my car i call this nanny control, the first sign of slippage and it cuts the power and takes forever to give it back, i hate it :(

What the avg litre per 100km reading on your bike right now?

Running stock i was around 5.6, now with a full system and a flash i'm averaging 5.8.

E just started flashing, put 12.5L in before i ran out of patience. Had to stand the bike up and really take my time. I'll continue to ride "my style" and see what we get.

What the avg litre per 100km reading on your bike right now?

Running stock i was around 5.6, now with a full system and a flash i'm averaging 5.8.

Damn i literally just reset it too and i dont recall. If i had a gun to my head id say it was in the 5s somewhere.

Damn i literally just reset it too and i dont recall. If i had a gun to my head id say it was in the 5s somewhere.

I am usually good for 200k a tank commuting 407/401 and DVP. zx600's bike was better than mine with fuel range when we were riding around PA, that might have something to do with me having the top box on mine which i'm sure makes a difference with drag, and the rider carrying more ballast lol.
This time of the year mileage will suffer when being cold outside, you should see an improvement next spring/summer when the warmer temps return.

Back
Top Bottom