Fz 09 vs Z900 comparison review | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Fz 09 vs Z900 comparison review

Center = South of the Border.

Centre = British English.

"i'm not French" just shows how obtuse you really are.

so do you own a bike as is being discussed in the thread?
have anything useful to add?
or just jumped in to argue?
your cheer leader has given up the childishness
you should join him bro

Evoex, it’s a great bike I have over 30,000kms on mine and still smile every time I ride it.

Congrats! It is a great bike, if you've never ridden it before, be careful with that throttle, A mode especially (but im gonna guess you wont actually get to ride it till spring anyway)

may do 1 day commute to work and 1 night out but based on the forecast thats about it.

B mode + TC:2 for awhile :)

I have had mine since 2015 and I giggle every time i ride that bike.

That engine is awesome - congrats.

So anyways..

I had planned to keep the R3 for another season but i found too good a deal to pass up, so count me in the '17 FZ09 club as of tomorrow.

I originally had my heart set on the Street Triple but damn i can't find a single video of the FZ09 where the rider isn't laughing his/her *** off. Lifes too short to not want that. Looked briefly at the Z900, not a fan of the dash one bit or some of the ergos.

^5 poppa

hey big poppa.

" It is Easier to rev match on the fz 09 compared to cbr500r(this might be because i have a lot of play in the throttle on the cbr, or because of the slipper clutch on the fz ) "

It is very easy to remove slack in the throttle cable. Use the adjustment on cable. First thing I do with a new to me bike is adjust the throttle free play and the angle of the levers to suit me. Very little effort for a noticeable improvement in control.
!0 minutes = much better !

edit: no idea on how this works on a fly by wire throttle...
check your manual ? lol.

Last edited:
Soooo...they weren't kidding about power wheelies in 1st and 2nd. Praise Jesus for TC2.
Sweet. Have fun!

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Do not wheelie thst thing in first, that's what second and 3rd are there.
Soooo...they weren't kidding about power wheelies in 1st and 2nd. Praise Jesus for TC2.

Do not wheelie thst thing in first, that's what second and 3rd are there.

I plan on avoiding them in any gear for now. This engine is a monster :eek:

I plan on avoiding them in any gear for now. This engine is a monster :eek:
Avoiding them? What is the point of having an fz09 then lol. It ain't for the amazing suspension ;)

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

Avoiding them? What is the point of having an fz09 then lol. It ain't for the amazing suspension ;)

Theres a fine line between scared and needing diapers ;)

*for now*

I have a long way to go in terms of riding ability.

*for now*

I have a long way to go in terms of riding ability.

Just screwing around with you, that is the right attitude, that bike is a monster so take it easy.

Just screwing around with you, that is the right attitude, that bike is a monster so take it easy.

VERY easy to get into trouble with ;)

So you never power wheelie it in first or second? 3rd gear would be hard
You are quoting a comment that says to wheelie in Second or third so that answers your question. Power wheelies in third are not hard on the FZ09 if you are in the right power band... just needs gas.
Normally I get it up (gigiti) in 2nd and immediately switch to 3rd.

Just eliminate first unless you are really good at it and can clutch up at real low speed and keep it at balance, even then 2nd is better.

If I would redo anything from when I started is to learn Clutch ups and never use power wheelies unless for fun.

Last edited:
wonder if that will work on the new gen 2017 models

In any event i'll be at the motorcycle show looking for crash bars and frame sliders, and possibly heated grips

#edit

You guys werent kidding about the Fz being thirsty...compared to my little honda this thing can drink!

Last edited:
wonder if that will work on the new gen 2017 models

In any event i'll be at the motorcycle show looking for crash bars and frame sliders, and possibly heated grips

#edit

You guys werent kidding about the Fz being thirsty...compared to my little honda this thing can drink!

Yep. I'd say im around 160kms before the light goes on, major sad face compared to the R3. But i hear its all about that off the line acceleration, so i'm going to try to be more moderate next fill up just to see what happens. For reference i tool around town in 3rd or 4th between 60-80 kms.

Back
Top Bottom