Should I convert my Ninja 300 into a track bike????? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Should I convert my Ninja 300 into a track bike?????

Hello everyone, I just have a question and would like some opinions on this. I have this 2016 Ninja 300. My dad won't let me ride street anyone and wants me to sell my bike because it's too "dangerous" (I'm not agreeing or disagreeing on this). So I only have a couple options. Either sell it or turn it into a track bike. I have always loved track racing and such. I've watched MotoGP or just any kind of track racing for years now (Since I was about 15). I was just wondering if I should turn it into a track bike? Is the Ninja 300 a good track bike or any 300cc sports bike a good track bike? Is it just a waste of money and buy a 600cc sports bike and convert that into a track bike because a 300 is too slow. I need some opinions!!! Thanks in advance to anyone who responds and ride safe.

living under Dad's roof = Dad's rules

sure, do some track riding until you move out

keep the 300 until it's not fast enough for your riding

Hello everyone, I just have a question and would like some opinions on this. I have this 2016 Ninja 300. My dad won't let me ride street anyone and wants me to sell my bike because it's too "dangerous" (I'm not agreeing or disagreeing on this). So I only have a couple options. Either sell it or turn it into a track bike. I have always loved track racing and such. I've watched MotoGP or just any kind of track racing for years now (Since I was about 15). I was just wondering if I should turn it into a track bike? Is the Ninja 300 a good track bike or any 300cc sports bike a good track bike? Is it just a waste of money and buy a 600cc sports bike and convert that into a track bike because a 300 is too slow. I need some opinions!!! Thanks in advance to anyone who responds and ride safe.
Take the FAST course with their Ninja 300's or yours and see how you like it, then decide.

just put some track fairings on and track it. its a great bike for beginners and advance riders alike.

just put some track fairings on and track it. its a great bike for beginners and advance riders alike.
This.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Nothing stops you from tracking your bike even with stock fairings. Just tape up your lights and change your coolant to distiller water + water wetter and you're good to go.

Much cheaper to try out the track this way and see how you like it. Take a course, you will learn more in 1 day than in 1 year on your own.

Good luck and have fun!

+1 My street bike was also my track bike for multiple bikes. Put in distilled water with WW in the spring and swapped in coolant in the fall when tracking was done.

I've been racing a Ninja 300 for two seasons. It's an awesome track/race bike. There are classes for it to race in with RACE, you should come out next season.

Sell it and buy one that’s already prepped. You’ll save a ton of money and end up with a more capable bike.

Sell it and buy one that’s already prepped. You’ll save a ton of money and end up with a more capable bike.

^this

your bike is still near new and has good value- sell it in the spring .... and bring a trusted mechanic (frekey guy comes to mind, pm) when you go check out a used td/race bike. Likewise, used leathers and boots can be had for a fraction of new...

I would make an attempt to befriend STR. Since he is in the loop with the other 300 racers at shanny ....he may be the first to tell you about 300's for sale? RACE has large growing grids for 300's....most of the guys are new to racing like you...

I wasn't permitted to have a motorcycle when I lived at home. Your dad is right, street bikes are dangerous. The track, imo, is a safer ride....and way more fun.

Last edited:
Yes yesy yes yes yes!!!!!
There's a whole mob of us that race 250s/300's at Shannonville.

Yes yesy yes yes yes!!!!!
There's a whole mob of us that race 250s/300's at Shannonville.

What's your track budget for the year? Track fees, race fees, tires, are you running with warmers? OP should have an idea of the cost he's getting into if he's gonna ride track.

OP do you have a trailer and vehicle that can hall your bike to track?

What's your track budget for the year? Track fees, race fees, tires, are you running with warmers? OP should have an idea of the cost he's getting into if he's gonna ride track.

OP do you have a trailer and vehicle that can hall your bike to track?

Tires on a $300 - one set can last a full season ($300 including mounting at the track). I went through 2 sets last season but also had a lot of track time.
No one uses tire warmers on 250/300s. Not needed.

Race fees depend on if you do friday practice ($125) and how many classes you enter. Fees are cheaper the more classes you enter but the average is 2 classes for small bikes. My weekend fee bill for 3 days at the track is about $380 (paid in advanced - more expense if you pay at the track) if I remember correctly.

You learn the most on 250s/300s and it's the cheapest (tires, parts, and all that fun stuff).

There's info in the track days forum and racing subsection that answer most of this stuff.

Tires on a $300 - one set can last a full season ($300 including mounting at the track). I went through 2 sets last season but also had a lot of track time.
No one uses tire warmers on 250/300s. Not needed.

Race fees depend on if you do friday practice ($125) and how many classes you enter. Fees are cheaper the more classes you enter but the average is 2 classes for small bikes. My weekend fee bill for 3 days at the track is about $380 (paid in advanced - more expense if you pay at the track) if I remember correctly.

You learn the most on 250s/300s and it's the cheapest (tires, parts, and all that fun stuff).

There's info in the track days forum and racing subsection that answer most of this stuff.

Damn, big bikes are expensive. Your entire weekend is costs as much as my fuel bill :(

^^^this x3!!!

This really is the best option. I know because I was in the exact same position as the OP not too long ago.

But only do it if you know for sure that you actually enjoy track riding. Sell the 300 if you are not riding street anyways. Take a course and if you like it, buy a track bike.

Back
Top Bottom