Should I convert my Ninja 300 into a track bike????? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Should I convert my Ninja 300 into a track bike?????

Anthony, what safety gear do you currently have?

You'll need:
- a one piece leather suit
- helmet that is either ECE or SNELL rated
- ankle high boots
- gloves past your wrist
- back protector.

These are things you DO NOT want to cheap out on. You can get buy with a stock rear shock or stock exhaust system for the first year but what ever you do, make sure you have quality safety gear. Sooner or later, you will crash. We all do....whether you're racing or just a casual tack day enthusiast.

You can find these items on sale and shop around for good quality used stuff. I picked up a suit that retails for $1100+tax for $450 and was barely used. Showed no signs of wear.

Damn, big bikes are expensive. Your entire weekend is costs as much as my fuel bill :(

I guess you use special race gas?

Probably about 30 litres of pump gas for 3 days on a 300 and you might still have some left over.

This really is the best option. I know because I was in the exact same position as the OP not too long ago.

But only do it if you know for sure that you actually enjoy track riding. Sell the 300 if you are not riding street anyways. Take a course and if you like it, buy a track bike.

Not always. Depends on how much you bought the bike for and if you're buying new or used parts for the build. If you're comparing higher end of used market or a brand new bike, then yeah it'll be cheaper to buy an already set-up race bike.

There's a few for sale that ran at Shannonville last season for around the $3500 mark with full suspension, power commander, exhaust and a few other things.

more $ spent must = more fun had? lol

I am kidding everyone. we don't need to rant about how much fun small bikes are cause i know they are :)

lol

OP - as others have said, buy a track ready bike you will save lots

Back
Top Bottom