Disappointed in new Ducati Panigale V4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Disappointed in new Ducati Panigale V4

Canadian Rider

Lots of you maybe have seen the new 2018 Panigale V4 and while I love the technology and power they are bringing to the bike, it is a marvel of technology, I cannot stand the looks. It really does seem like it was designed as a clone from somewhere overseas. Poor lines and it looks bloated.

I do have an 899 panigale and love it, was really excited to see what they were going to do with the new bike, but damn my heart is not on board this one.

[video=youtube;khcmev-iPqo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khcmev-iPqo&t=53s[/video]

Thoughts? The price in Canada as well is going to be atrocious.

You can't add two more cylinders and maintain the narrow profile of a L twin.

Looks like a Ducati to me. And a damn fine one at that.

I'd rather the 2018 959 Corse
:love7:
[video=youtube;MEmitrwAHAM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEmitrwAHAM[/video]

The bike looks good to me... but this thread looks like another sad attempt to get clicks on your youtube channel.

they all look the same to me. need to change up the design.

Not that I have a horse in this race, but looks Ducatish enough to me. Maybe those frame spars make it a little more plebian. Would like Shaman to point out everything that's wrong with it though

The bike looks good to me... but this thread looks like another sad attempt to get clicks on your youtube channel.

Aha. I didn't even notice that this time. Ah well, at least he's attaching written copy now.

I don't need the 150 views I get from this forum on the channel. I have been a member here for 2 years posting on a Canadian forum about motorcycle's :)
I made the thread because I saw no topic was made, and quite honestly I have a hard on for Ducati's so I thought I would bring up discussion.

Anyway, I plan to see this thing at the Toronto Motorcycle show this year, but I fear it will suffer the same fate in my eyes as the new Audi R8

The content is good though. A fellow GTAMer is making good YT videos. Why do ppl have to be so negative smh.

Not negative, just pointing out the obvious.

Using the forum at no cost to promote your own content for potential growth and self gain isn't much different than a vendor self promoting their business without being a site sponsor.

Just my opinion....

I only care about what the view is while I'm riding, I don't give a flying **** what pedestrians see when I roll by.

Comparing what is to my eyes one of the most beautiful bikes ever made, the Panigale R FE:

Model-Page_2018_Panigale_FE_01_960x420.jpg

to the V4:

ducati-panigale-v4_827x510_81509942147.jpg

I definitely see some "thumbs down" details on the V4: Those headlights are jarring, the "missing" exhaust primary peeking out the fairing on the right side is conspicuous by its absence and the under-slung exhaust outlet.. I don't care for the fork-leg mounted reflector either.

Having said that, it's still gorgeous.

Back
Top Bottom