Who's still riding? (Fall 2017 / Winter 2018 edition) | Page 11 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's still riding? (Fall 2017 / Winter 2018 edition)

Good to read on the gloves stuff... cause that was the only part of my body that was cold this morning. Usually i don't ride in when i see temps under 0 but i still did... and yeah instead of feeling a tidbit cool in the hands by 3/4 of commute, it kicked in half way in.

I'll have to try some of your techniques and i'll report back. Kinda hard though since temps change and 3 degrees make a whole world of difference at this time of the year at highway speeds.

I think we could ride till December. Weather forecast does not show snow, yet. Well at least in GTA. *fingers crossed*

I think we could ride till December. Weather forecast does not show snow, yet. Well at least in GTA. *fingers crossed*

Most likely, but I don't think I'll ride again if the weather is cold regardless of snow or not lol. It's -2 today in Mississauga with the wind chill, and when I got back from the ride my fingers were frozen and my nose was dripping haha

The weather over the next few days the weather for Brampton doesn't look that bad. This isn't including windchill.

Friday... Day:9 Night:7
Saturday... Day:8 Night:-1
Sunday... Day:2 Night:0
Monday... Day:7 Night:3
Tuesday... Day:11 Night:5
Wensday... Day:7 Night:0

Ya I still want to get a few days in. Looks like it might happen :p

I have to pick up some parts at Burlington Cycle tomorrow (Fri) and I'm hoping to ride there and back. Saturday looks good, too.

Oh smart! I always have the dry one, didn't think about wet. Thanks for the tip.

Sent from my HTC U11 using GTAM mobile app
I always carry a micro fibre towel and a pack of wet wipes for cleaning my visor, windscreen and lights.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Saw a guy on his Suzuki heading home from work, and two Harley bros on the highway today. Respect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw another bike today! First time I saw another bike on my ride to or from work in (I think!) a month or more! I think it was a KLR. I believe it was on either Goodwood or Bloomington. I was westbound and the other was eastbound.

..Tom

going to london in about an hour. its getting warmer but still gonna layer up and put on my gortex over pants and jacket. if your thinking about riding today just a little heads up, the wind is suppose to pick up... gusting up to 45km.

update: it was very nice getting out. I wasn't cold, feet and hands were fine. case you wondering
gloves-alpinestars gp plus gauntlet
shoes txc high cut waterproof
socks - smartwool

this too tuesday looks nice tooo

Last edited:
I rode this morning to work, about 80km was around 0-1 degree I think.. Looking forward to the ride home

It was another glorious ride in on a fine November morning. Traffic itself was the usual mess, with top honours going to a gravel truck driver. Stay safe out there.

Yep, traffic was a dog's breakfast with the usual knuckleheads out there. Was glad to be on the trusty Scrambler this morning in any case. Stay safe.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

It was another glorious ride in on a fine November morning. Traffic itself was the usual mess, with top honours going to a gravel truck driver. Stay safe out there.

We must have been riding in very different areas.

I think it was a PD day in Durham and York as there was lighter traffic than most days. I usually skip the 400 because of traffic but no delays were showing on my GPS. I work very close to Vaughn Mills Mall and there was more than usual traffic heading in there (I cut through it when I head down 400) but even that was no biggy. There even seemed to be less than the usual number of Gravel trucks on the way in.

Maybe everyone was over in your area?

..Tom

Most likely, but I don't think I'll ride again if the weather is cold regardless of snow or not lol. It's -2 today in Mississauga with the wind chill, and when I got back from the ride my fingers were frozen and my nose was dripping haha

The wind chill on the Weather reports doesn't really apply to riding as we create our own wind chill. (Ours is much worse unless your definition of riding is standing around a Timmies.)

..Tom

Last edited:
Nice ride this morning, sunny but crisp. In the Oakville area, traffic much worse than usual on the QEW, for some unidentified reason. Looking forward to the return trip, much warmer by now.

Yes, in the "T" part of the GTA. I know the boundary is getting fuzzy these days. All the real estate mining is to blame.

I think it was a PD day in Durham and York as there was lighter traffic than most days. I usually skip the 400 because of traffic but no delays were showing on my GPS. I work very close to Vaughn Mills Mall and there was more than usual traffic heading in there (I cut through it when I head down 400) but even that was no biggy. There even seemed to be less than the usual number of Gravel trucks on the way in.

Maybe everyone was over in your area?

..Tom

I work over at Rutherford and Keele, not sure what time you head home but man that traffic on Rutherford is nuts, parking lot city.

Back
Top Bottom