Who's still riding? (Fall 2017 / Winter 2018 edition) | Page 30 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's still riding? (Fall 2017 / Winter 2018 edition)

Every opportunity to get a bit of seat time over the winter is a good one.

... but with the sun being a constant for the next few days I know the roads will be clean and clear again by Saturday.

Unfortunately it looks like it's going to be breezy...but if it hits 4-5, I'll probably go our for a half hour or so if nothing else.

Rain Sunday. :/

Every opportunity to get a bit of seat time over the winter is a good one.

Especially when I've been out of the game for so long.

Even if I only ride far enough to get the engine and drivetrain up to full operating temperature (my absolute minimum for even starting either of our bikes in the cold weather), it'll be glorious.

Hopefully the weather holds off for you, glad to hear you've healed enough to get out riding again.

Especially when I've been out of the game for so long.

Even if I only ride far enough to get the engine and drivetrain up to full operating temperature (my absolute minimum for even starting either of our bikes in the cold weather), it'll be glorious.

Rode in to work this morning.

Roads were mainly fine. I had two spots with snow drifts across the road. One on 7A between Port Perry and Manchester. That was no real issue as enough traffic had gone through to make fairly clear tire tracks. The other was on 15th sideroad. I think just before Bathurst. Maybe a hundred meters of snow drift but not enough traffic to take the tire tracks to pavement. I just went steady speed though it and my (Anlas Winter) tires seems to work just fine.

..Tom

Iwas hoping to of get out today, however the lack of forecasted sun in the last 48 hours has left most of the roads still wet and sloppy/briny here. :/

saw a dude on a scooter, on wet roads, in brampton no less.

Respect

Scoots are good cold weather machines...lots of wind protection and low C of G.

burgman.JPG

Heated grips ...had some long rides heading south in single digits but was comfortable with all the wind protection. Several up to the Forks when snow was around tho not on the road..

Hmmph - the CBF fired up willingly but too tired from watching Australian Open at 4 am and clients....I'd be dangerous. Maybe tomorrow - sure is nice out.

Last year I was out at least once in every month. This month didn't look promising not too long ago. Well ... First ride of the season, short as it was, is in the books, and it was officially a January ride.

I opted not to do the engine-break-in ride on my zx10r. Brand new tires with the stickers still on them didn't seem like an attractive combination with cold and somewhat damp conditions.

At the forks as well, no other bikes besides my’n

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had two spots with snow drifts across the road. One on 7A between Port Perry and Manchester.

All clear this afternoon, Tom.

Iwas hoping to of get out today, however the lack of forecasted sun in the last 48 hours has left most of the roads still wet and sloppy/briny here. :/

You're missing out, PP. The roads between Pickering and Port Perry are clear and essentially dry, very little water.

Last year I was out at least once in every month. This month didn't look promising not too long ago. Well ... First ride of the season, short as it was, is in the books, and it was officially a January ride.

Same here, Brian. I've ridden every month for the last couple of years.

baac1f0535a1679b82ce71c09b42248e.jpg
d5e1f796969888df145daf6754f57d6c.jpg

Where are all the riders today? I've not seen a single one.

via Tapatalk

Good ride, a few roads were wet as expected near trees, nothing to worry about, if I had heated gear I’d have stayed longer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All clear this afternoon, Tom.

I figured as much as that was around 7:15 AM.

I'll be trying to take some back-roads home.. Webb and Wagg Roads come to mind. They sometimes drift up a bit.. you didn't happen to be on either of them today by any chance?

..Tom

I figured as much as that was around 7:15 AM.

I'll be trying to take some back-roads home.. Webb and Wagg Roads come to mind. They sometimes drift up a bit.. you didn't happen to be on either of them today by any chance?

..Tom

Not today, I stuck to the beaten path. I usually ride the dirt sideroads and concessions, but they're all a sloppy mess.

Back
Top Bottom