Who's still riding? (Fall 2017 / Winter 2018 edition) | Page 29 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's still riding? (Fall 2017 / Winter 2018 edition)

Can you hear me Major Tom......? ;)

Hope all is well....that was a nasty turn of weather

I ***Drove** to work yesterday (and today and probably next week.) I rather enjoy driving (and also riding) when there are crazy weather conditions as long as traffic isn't a big factor and that I have some realistic chance of making it to my destination. Ice and snow, or the chance of them, when riding are what I avoid the most. It was pretty obvious yesterday wouldn't be a day for me to ride.

Thursday was an interesting ride home. I had an appointment after work in Richmond Hill. By the time I got out of there after 7:30 it was seriously pouring. The temperature was fine at +4 and I took back-roads home to Port Perry. Besides the rain it was quite windy and this had the effect of blowing the (relatively) warm air over cold snow-covered terrain. This caused some real heavy fog to go with the rain. Pretty hard to see moist of the time and often had to go quite slow.

..Tom

ah good ....wasn't clear from this

C0WEZH7.jpg

that you were on 4 wheels as the day started out at 10 C and ended rather colder.

-15 just now and anything frozen like my van will require some effort to be drivable...windshield wipers are just rock solid. The light snow actually makes walking easier.

Last edited:
This is the longest period of time I haven't ridden in years. Completely missed November because of my shoulder, and December and January have been the shitz.

Calling for an actual passable stretch of what looks like clean weather starting Wednesday, and then +4 and sunny on Saturday. Hmmmm.

6 degrees on Sunday, but rain. :/

This is the longest period of time I haven't ridden in years. Completely missed November because of my shoulder, and December and January have been the shitz.

Calling for an actual passable stretch of what looks like clean weather starting Wednesday, and then +4 and sunny on Saturday. Hmmmm.

6 degrees on Sunday, but rain. :/

I feel your pain.Haven't been on 2 wheels since Oct 21.My wife had a nasty fall with brain injury and i had to retire early to be a psw.I did take a bike to the show tho.Fired it up in the parking lot...few wheelies and busted up some snowbanks.Grand Prix de Snow is coming in Feb.

I feel your pain.Haven't been on 2 wheels since Oct 21.My wife had a nasty fall with brain injury and i had to retire early to be a psw.I did take a bike to the show tho.Fired it up in the parking lot...few wheelies and busted up some snowbanks.Grand Prix de Snow is coming in Feb.

My best wishes to your wife and a speedy recovery.

My best wishes to your wife and a speedy recovery.

Thanks.It's been a VERY eye opening experience.She is doing really well and will make a full recovery.But i will prolly take about a year.

My sympathies. Best wishes on her recovery.

Thanks.It's been a VERY eye opening experience.She is doing really well and will make a full recovery.But i will prolly take about a year.

Good to hear a full recovery is expected - brain injuries can be nasty things.

Congrats on the retirement, nonetheless. I've been living the life of a retired person since my surgery in October - kind of half like it, kind of half bored some of the time. I suppose if I knew it was permanent vs just short term I'd have got involved in a bunch of clubs and such by now though so I'd be more occupied, but knowing that I'll probably (hopefully) be going back to work in about 4-6 more weeks, I haven't been planning much.

Damn... sorry to hear that! Glad she is doing well and will make a full recovery.

..Tom

Wingboy, best wishes on your wife's recovery.

I saw a red CBR 2-up turning onto Donlands north of Danforth around 6:15 this evening. With the snow this evening, it was very slippery. Be careful out there. Last time I got caught in a snowstorm, it did not end well.

This weekend looking good for a January jaunt.

Yeah...I’ve been eyeballing Saturday too. Only 4c but the roads should be good after 3 nice clean and clear days.

Haven’t ridden since October 23’rd. Itching to go. Fingers crossed.

Also looking to get out this weekend. My last ride last Thursday when it was 12 degrees...

ya'll crazy for saturday, one day of 7 doesnt mean the roads will be completely clear of snow/slush, esp in the backroads where the trees prevent light from hitting the road.

ya'll crazy for saturday, one day of 7 doesnt mean the roads will be completely clear of snow/slush

Funny, they were perfectly clear here yesterday.

Now, we got another freakin 5cm of snow here again last night (the streamers keep setting up over top of us) so we're starting from scratch again today, but with the sun being a constant for the next few days I know the roads will be clean and clear again by Saturday.

Unfortunately it looks like it's going to be breezy...but if it hits 4-5, I'll probably go our for a half hour or so if nothing else.

Rain Sunday. :/

Good to hear a full recovery is expected - brain injuries can be nasty things.

Congrats on the retirement, nonetheless. I've been living the life of a retired person since my surgery in October - kind of half like it, kind of half bored some of the time. I suppose if I knew it was permanent vs just short term I'd have got involved in a bunch of clubs and such by now though so I'd be more occupied, but knowing that I'll probably (hopefully) be going back to work in about 4-6 more weeks, I haven't been planning much.

can relate to this....foot injury in early Sept
been off work since
takes awhile to heal 9 fractures in an extremety
thankfully I'm going back in Early Feb

haven't ridden since early August due to overseas assignment then this injury
and this is how I get to ~ 1000 posts in under a year...boredom is overwhelming

Funny, they were perfectly clear here yesterday.

Now, we got another freakin 5cm of snow here again last night (the streamers keep setting up over top of us) so we're starting from scratch again today, but with the sun being a constant for the next few days I know the roads will be clean and clear again by Saturday.

Unfortunately it looks like it's going to be breezy...but if it hits 4-5, I'll probably go our for a half hour or so if nothing else.

Rain Sunday. :/

My driveway and local street were an ice/snow mix this morning so no ride for me today.

Tomorrow is looking much better though.

..Tom

Back
Top Bottom