Who's still riding? (Fall 2017 / Winter 2018 edition) | Page 8 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's still riding? (Fall 2017 / Winter 2018 edition)

Widespread rain through southern and most of eastern Ontario on Saturday with spotty rain/snow mix overnight Saturday
Freezing rain risk for parts of eastern Ontario Saturday
Close call for National Capital Region, as a subtle shift in the track could bring significant snow on Saturday
Heavy snowfall for parts of central and northeastern Ontario, with high-impact snow accumulation of 20-40 cm for parts of the Nickel Belt, including North Bay
Road conditions will be very poor on Saturday, including Highway 11 and 17
Much colder air arrives behind the system through Sunday
As the core of colder air arrives, lake-effect snow streamers will bring bursts of snow for the snow belts, with occasional flurries into parts of the GTA.

ugh

Skipped the ride today for work, but she will be out tonight for a dinner date and then perhaps a romp downtown.

Been working on unkinking my chain ... tightened it the other night and discovered some kinks in it... thorough kerosene clean, lube/clean and then lubed again for re-tightening pleasure. Feels good again. whew, thought my chain was completely done for.

I'm due for a chain/sprocket change this winter anyways.

It looks like I can just keep skipping along, in-city at least. I'm starting to avoid those days with cold evening rains though. While I haven't really had any close calls per se, the chances people are taking with limited visibility and traction seems to be going up.

Fortunate son....

5_fBB2R0BqRXg1v__yhui-Ap6vqFy1KjzhfPxAE4PjdM6RZHYxQ5jqnZ70jgf3lbM0Y1hTswrTmkV6EW0MoiDjfWffSNE7qn3JfPt-MJ3pbD1yVVQidk7UdC1z1eW0uD_llI8iXbD_aTyO_sQS2sKu2zDBupAgJB25q64unwteK36hrqNYULwyYyIL1So91NZ_x3y9kqRHSAMKNfKXRwqw9bnaGoJSve9ix8iF9id1CEzXqK1vZJoJ_iOtmUv_RJ5XWMFq3on17dBYGkxpSe_4npF_oSynY2uihqcO-R7_aWO7aI2jw5juhcsMrZEIt6QZ9NU--CrdXuYAmxBtKsB1jET-hYgSInJ-iKSksXkr-mYRIOcJMj0RxI1pOp-YiWppbS0KNRX-SFYNqb8oGRjtTeMHOkKOy3NhUBM7Y3EZf2OID3WIkTkppL1h7qI7RRqu5AqqEPEd9mnosUXIahXx77EN0DG-PVpcsWry2pdkVoKWIx_q87f4t7VyEXk_DPHcizh88xhRkg1hFb49tSJSKYgMaP1fTu2Gha16uiafnruGWrsTHIdj7EztCvILp-v4KH36_n0gLwiH4vHjpAecFumURK0iXWQKJg9zIqMgI=w1454-h1186-no

something wicked this way comes.... ;)

That was a bit marginal ....misty rain just enough to be annoying and forgot my ColdPruf layer AGAIN tho was not a bit deal. The rechargeable inner soles were okay on the way up but nothing left on the way home - should have put them on idle at the Forks.
Likely should just carry the charger as it's not a big deal to plug in
The chemical foot warmers bail too quick but sure are nice when I got it to get my feet warmed right quick :D

Hands fine....front tire felt squirmy - have to check the pressure. Bike was happy and the Schuberth C3 quite remarkable. Misty rain is perhaps the worst to deal with and no issues.

Only rider at the Forks tho some regulars were there by cage and a few bicyclists too.

Last edited:
Wakeup and check the weather forecast...flurries in the afternoon +3 till noon. Big smile on my face thinking i can get a nice jaunt in before lunch. Go downstairs and open the curtains, snow falling.

WTF. :(

Snow!!!!

We had almost an inch of freezing rain, sleet and snow accumulation here last night. Anybody else going to attempt riding today?
;) First tracks are usually as good as it gets without studded tires.

Slip-slidin away, Slip slidin away ... You know the nearer your destination, The more you're slip slidin' away...

Re: Snow!!!!

Clutch finger got cold fairly fast but traction is actually pretty good :D
Hard to keep the brakes from icing up, make sure you clean all the snow off them first.
Clutch was making a bit of nasty noise, probably some condensation in there, time to change the transmission oil for sure.

It was snowing here in Mississauga an hour ago, cold and nasty and my riding is done. I just finished my season end cleaning and oil change. Depending on the weather bike will be in storage until April or so.

Got out for 2.5hrs to downtown and midtown, had a nice chat taking a break with an older guy called Norm who was out as well on his BMW 1100RS.

Props to the rider going north on Bayview while i was headed downtown and the guy on a Grom going north on Yonge.

Weather was awesome!

Just put mine away last week when mornings started getting to me and i felt alone out there as bikes have been scarce lol.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Back
Top Bottom